Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old May 26, 2004, 11:23 PM   #1

Hi All,
Was wondering if this vendor is legit. I read some bad things about them, but the price seems insane. Any input would be of much help. Thanks.

http://www.expresscameras.com/cart/p...d=9128&start=1
jarraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 26, 2004, 11:46 PM   #2

Found this on their site:

"All prices listed are after applicable manufacturer's rebates."

I do know that canon has a $200 rebate offer right now, -if you buy a 'certain' printer. That *may* explain the price. Otherwise if the deal is too good to be true....it probably is.

PS: They just announced the all-black rebel in Japan, you may want to wait a month or two...that may also foreshadow a coming price drop in the silver Rebel.

Cheers
G
gqdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2004, 9:08 AM   #3

I have used this vendor in the past. They have a price of $844.00 with no strings attached. Just got my 10D from them last week full USA warrenty fast ship no bull.

http://www.buydig.com/shop/home.aspx

jjgncmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2004, 3:17 PM   #4

Thats a different vendor. And there is almost a $200 price difference. So I guess I am asking if anybody dealt with www.expresscamera.com?

Thanks.

-assad

jarraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2004, 3:48 PM   #5

Stay away from them.. reviews link below:

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1805-p4.html

Exerpts:

"

1/28/04 4:33 PM
First I called to check and see if the camera was in stock. I was told that it was in stock and that it would be shipped in 24-48 hours. I asked how it would be shipped and I was told that it would be shipped UPS or FedEx Ground. When I explained to the phone rep that I wanted to order it online, he sighed loudly into the phone and hung up. That should've been a sign of things to come.

So, I went online, ordered the camera, got an email saying that I needed to call and confirm the order. When I called, they tried to upsell me to a bundle called something like the "Presidential Package." Their accessories are grossly overpriced, so I explained that I wasn't interested. They then told me that the camera would arrive in 2-3 weeks. When I asked why, they explained that if I didn't purchase the "presidential package," the camera would be a European model, coming from an overseas warehouse and they also explained that it would also have a "European Warranty" and that any repairs would need to be done in Europe. This was obviously an attempt to force me to buy the bundled package.

In short, they're a scam.

ajc

[align=right]

Posted by

1/21/04 11:34 PM
I ordered an Olympus C-750 digital camera that was advertised at a good price and their ad said it would include a "free tri-pod and camera case" and most orders would be shipped in 24-72 hours. After placing my order with credit card info, etc., I received an email stating that I had to call them to confirm the order. After calling them they tired to sell me additional items and after refusing the additional items they said they couldn't ship for 3-4 weeks. I cancelled the order.

kelmorgan [/align]
[align=right]

Posted by

1/20/04 11:03 PM
Just thought everyone should know that www.expresscameras.com has registered a new site with a new name www.save-here.com. Check out Whois to see same address and register info. Watch out.

DarrenK69 [/align]
[align=right]

Posted by

1/19/04 3:05 PM
Nikon Coolpix 5400 Digital Camera
Ordered 12/31/2003
Not in stock on 02/09/2004 (???!!!)
Customer service realy bad - you wait 30 min at phone - and still no answer.
Never use this store !

lshnaider [/align]
[align=right]

Posted by

1/12/04 9:48 PM
A very bad experience has taught me a valuable lesson, I hope! I trusted an ad in a photo magazine for the purchase of a new high end camera and accessories. The order was going to be a simple on-line venture. But, then I received an e-mail to call an 800 number to confirm my order. Between the high pressure sales pitch and the lies, I'll never forget the "I'll tell you what I'm going to do for you" pitch. The sales person would try to substitute a lens and a flash and sell me a warrantee. I said "no" several times. The substitute lens and flash, according to the salesman, cost much more than what I had ordered, but he said he would sell them to me for the same price. Later I discovered these items at street price were about $100.00 cheaper each. One of my invoices, yes two different orders, only listed the items as a kit, with one outrageous price. There was no breakdown of a price for each item. So, my saying "no, no, no" was ignored, and the end result was a big overcharge. Using street prices for these items, I calculated that I was cheated out of $592.00. The warrantee was non-refundable. Also, returning the lens at $16.50 shipping and the flash at $14.50 shipping resulted in additional cost to me.

Some of this may have been my own fault for being so gullible, but because of no breakdown of prices, it is like I agreed to all of this mess, and now I seem powerless. We should never have to call for a confirmation of an on-line order. I would not have gotten into this situation if I had just received the two items ordered on-line at the price advertised. After learning about ResellerRatings.com, I could see why I had such a bad experience with Express Cameras. Over 100 Very Dissatisfied reports!

glfaulk [/align]
[align=right]

Posted by

1/11/04 6:12 PM

DON'T BUY FROM WWW.EXPRESSCAMERA.COM....

This Company is a freaking FRAUD!!!...After I order I have to call them, when I call them they ask me to buy memory card, battery and extended warranty. When I told the guy that I did not want all that, he says that he have to charge me an extra $100 to the total price, he says is REBATE...I argue with him that the price online is only $535 why do I have to pay $100 extra, it doesn't state any rebate on their website but still he say its in the websites POLICY...what a CRAP!!!

PLEASE!! PLEASE!! DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR YOUR MONEY...WWW.EXPRESSCAMERA.COM IS BULLSHIT..THE WAY THEY DO BUSINESS IS NOT RIGHT.

tjahajro [/align]
reviews posted: 1
user type: home
transaction date: 1/9/04

"
mrkryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2004, 4:08 PM   #6

Sorry never ordered from them just was offering advice on a place that I knew was real. I have listed a link below to a reseller rating site. It has reviews on express cameras. Read through the reviews past the top ones(they sound too good). It sounds like this store likes to play games.Also if you do buy from them make sure the warrenty you get is a full manufacturers usa warrenty not a full express cameras store usa warrenty.

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1805-p1-s3-d1.html

jjgncmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2007, 8:51 PM   #7

Jarraa,

Expresscamera.com is a horrible company!!! I saw an insane price on a Nikon D200 and ordered it. When I called to confirm the status they asked if I ordered the USA version or the international version. I said USA version because there was no imformation on the website telling otherwise. At this point the guy called me a liar and said I was a thief trying to get over on them and hung up on me. When I called back a different guy answered the phone and he wasn't much better. I told them to cancel my order and the guy offered me a 1gb memory card if I would pay an extra 600.oo for the USA version. I said NEVER!!! Goodluck. All the prices they show on the website are false advertising just to attract customers. I would never do business with any company like expresscamera.com. They were horrible to me and they will be horrible to you too!!!
sinai.1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2007, 12:31 AM   #8

I bought mine from Costco, they have excellant return policy if anything happens to the camera.
Imacer is offline   Reply With Quote