Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jun 9, 2004, 4:09 PM   #11

a few samples

civil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 4:12 PM   #12

I try toovercome this problem using FEL as you say friends.
Old Jun 9, 2004, 6:04 PM   #13
NHL

civil wrote:
Quote:
I try to overcome this problem using FEL as you say friends.
... There's a trick to this as well:

1. You can FEL on the white drape (or the white table cloth) which will put you in underexposure mode.

2. You can also FEL on the dark pillow (or the dark wine glass) which will put you back in overexposure!

3. The grey couch (or the skin on the hand) will get you a more neutral balance or use a Kodak grey card which will be independent from the overall subjects, but sometime impratical (because of the extra step) when capturing people expressions. :idea:

BTW my solution to this when I do weddings is to use a non E-TTL flash like my older Metz 45CT-5 set on auto, just like the Photonotes article!!! :-)
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 6:29 PM   #14

NHL yazd─▒:
Quote:
civil wrote:
Quote:
I try to overcome this problem using FEL as you say friends.
....BTW my solution to this when I do weddings is to use a non E-TTL flash like my older Metz 45CT-5 set on auto, just like the Photonotes article!!! :-)
eheh :-)..

thanks for the tricks NHL
Old Jun 9, 2004, 7:05 PM   #15
NHL

eheh .. :-)

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...12&forum_id=53
Old Jun 15, 2004, 12:13 PM   #16

My problem is going on with rebel...:sad:

I just want to know if any of you does take flash photos at home like I shoot or not?

Do u have a that kind of problem as I have?some are lighter or some are darker shots even at the same condition?

ormay my rebel has a problem?What about your indoor shots?All of them have no problem?All of them are always correct lighting photos? I just wonder ...
Old Jun 15, 2004, 4:56 PM   #17
NHL

Did you wait between shots with flash? If you shoot rather quickly the flash has no time to recharge which can result in underexposure as well...

I can't explain overexposure except the AF point is centered on a dark area, but then again you can verify it with any of the Canon's utility to see which AF point the camera has selected at the time of exposure.

Let us know or attach an unmodified picture so we can determine this for you. :idea:
Old Jun 15, 2004, 5:02 PM   #18

NHL yazd─▒:
Quote:
Did you wait between shots with flash? If you shoot rather quickly the flash has no time to recharge which can result in underexposure as well...

I can't explain overexposure except the AF point is centered on a dark area, but then again you can verify it with any of the Canon's utility to see which AF point the camera has selected at the time of exposure. :idea:
"Did you wait between shots with flash?" Yes of course I did. it' still the same. no difference.

What about your flash photos which you shoot NHL?Did you try a various of them?and any problem?

Old Jun 15, 2004, 6:47 PM   #19

I think,the best is M mod for the flash photos as you say friends.The problem is lesser with this modthanks tocenter weighted metering.
Old Jun 15, 2004, 7:37 PM   #20

Civil,

Something that you can try is using an external flash that has a moveable head(420EX or better). Move the flash so it bounces off the ceiling or a back wall(over your head and behind you) that way the flash will have more area to fill instead of aiming the flash directly at your subject. I tried some of the same types of pics and found that when I aim the flash directly at the subject I get a variance in lighting. I don't have that much difference when I bounce the flash.
P mode with FEL on seems to be a bit darker than M mode.
Just something to try.
Red Man is offline   Reply With Quote