Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jun 9, 2004, 8:30 PM   #1

#3 Focus System:

#2 Frame Rate:

#1 Frame Buffer:

OK so I got caught w/my pants down... just heard tires and happened to have the camera around my neck... A truck in front of the bike slammed on his brakes ... for whatever reason he hit his front brakes.... in a haste I just aimed and hit the shutter... Can't help but think the Mark II would have captured the entire GORY but spectacular scene ...

Damn slow fps and short buffer
mrkryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 9, 2004, 10:04 PM   #2

At least the person was wearing a helmet. But I bet he wishes he was wearing the leather jacket and leather laceup pants over his jeans.

I have a friend who had to put his cycle sideways to avoid a car that pulled out infront of him. Has it put it "all my skin was intact, but I had pulverized more than an inch of bone in his right leg." And that, my friend, is why you wear the leather even on the hottest of days.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 10:17 PM   #3

Yeah.. my heart went out for the guy ... When I was 19 I laid down my Harley doing 70+mph because someone decided to pull out in front of me ... I laid the bike down to my left and sat atop the gas tank ... Last thing I remember was thinking "Phew ! I'll be OK!!!" then Newton and his damn law of objects in motion took over. When I woke up I my bike was in 2 distinct peices (frame broke in 4 point under the seat). The rear tire & subframe and seat were about 10 yards behind me ..... The front end + engine + tire + frame + tank about 5 yards behind me and I was about 5 Yards ahead with approx. 3 mm shaved off my right patella (knee) My DOT certified helmet cracked above the base of my neck and above my jaw. and enough road rash to make me tear up recalling it. Moral of the story is .... after 3 weeks in the hospital w/ orthoscopic surgery on my knee, swollen brain stem that affected involuntary muscle control (breathing, heart, circulation) etc ... I sold my bikes and gear and never bought another until I either live in a town by myself w/no other drivers... or people pay attention to the tiny specs in their mirrors called bikers.... While I was in the hospital another friend of mine lost his right leg because someone ran a stop light and crushed his leg against the head of the bike.... Enough siad... any bikers out there... pay 200% attention to yourselves and other drivers when you get up on your bikes... the closest I get to them now is from behind a telephoto...

And yes I know I was speeding (+10mph over the limit) but that 10 mph meant nothing for the wreck... just added insult to the injury...
mrkryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 10:27 PM   #4

pfft....70 mph? that's it?! we got guys that think they are something special going over 80 on my 45 mph speed limit road......i'd say AT LEAST 80....i wouldn't be suprised if they were going over 100! almost every day....and today i saw a guy doinga wheelie at 60 or so, all the way done the road.....stupid if you ask me....you can't turn with your front wheel off the ground!

well..i've finished my rant...lol...it might explain some things if you know that the road i live on is a 4 lane highway (well....not highway...lol) and right by my house is a straightaway...

anyway...

wat camera do you have now? cuz i'll take it off your hands when you get you're mark II

lol....btw...wat's a frame buffer?

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2004, 1:14 AM   #5

In 12 months we will be slobbering over a Mark IV.
Normcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2004, 12:52 PM   #6

My friend told his mom he'd stop riding a motorcycle after his first accident. And hasn't ridden one since. In one of the news groups for motorcyclists they have a saying which basically is "its not if you have an accident, its when" and the odd are it won't be your fault.

Glad to hear you're up and about again.

I've ridden a cycle a few times and my brother has owned one at various points in his life. The only benefits I can say for them is "good gas mileage" and "fun to feel the road". But that isn't worth serious bodily injury.

And in 12 months, I think we'll be slobbering over the 1Ds Mark II (probably less than 12 months.)

Eric

eric s is offline   Reply With Quote