Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jul 3, 2004, 10:13 PM   #1

When I check an image in the LCD or I playback my images through my TV set, I am getting shot info in the bottom left corner and upper right corner of the screen. I know what the data is, but I do not remember it appearing when I checked previous shots before today. Have I inadvertantly hit a button or set something wrong? If I have a choice, I would rather this data not be there for playback. I have gone through the owners manual and cannot find an answer. Can anyone help a lost Digital Rebel soul? Thanks much!:?:
usmc325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 4, 2004, 8:44 AM   #2

No, I don't think you hit the wrong button. The display always shows that information during playback on the LCD screen or when hooked up to a TV. I asked about the same thing here recently. Unfortunately, there is no way to turn off that information.

This is really my ONLY complaint about the dRebel, since if you're trying to display a "slide show" on your TV, the info superimposed just gets in the way, and is a real eyesore! I'm hoping that maybe someday Canon will release a firmware update that will allow turning it off.
Stymyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2004, 3:44 PM   #3

Bummer! I could swear that when I first started shooting with this camera that the info wasn't there, but I am obviously wrong. I am impressed with the camera, but you are right, having this data superimposed over your shot does take away from the beauty and clarity of the shot. Thanks for taking the time to answer. Enjoy your Digital Rebel!!
Old Jul 4, 2004, 7:20 PM   #4

I've never used my camera over the TV so this is just a guess, but what happens if you go into your menu and change the display image from ON(INFO) to just ON or OFF?
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2004, 10:46 PM   #5

Thanks very much for the suggestion. Unfortunately, the info is on the LCD as well as TV playback of the images. I tried your idea, but it does not change anything. I do appreciate you taking the time to respond. I will call Canon support and see if there is a way to turn off the info. I have the feeling that, as indicated by another gentleman, that we are stuck with it.