Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jul 5, 2004, 4:14 PM   #1

I ordered an eyepiece extender for the Digital rebel because I was tired of having my nose hit the back of the camera's LCD. I just got it in today after 3 weeks of waiting.

Wow! If you have an EOS camera, and wear eyeglasses...get yourself one of these. Now I can see the whole viewfinder with my glasses on! A side effect I wasn't planning on. Now I am most pleased I got one.

Its called an EP-EX15 eyepiece extender.

cheers.
Chako is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 5, 2004, 4:39 PM   #2

Keep us informed. I've heard other comments that it didn't stay attached well. Would like to hear your feedback after a few times out with it.
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2004, 6:58 PM   #3

Well, I haven't taken it out for a spin yet, but I can say this, it was a tight fit. I tried to move it back and forth, with no play or sloppiness. It would take some force to take it off.

You take your original eye cup and place it on extender. Everything seems to fit nice.

I will keep you posted if I have any problems with it.
Old Jul 5, 2004, 7:15 PM   #4

I have one also. I lost the original eye cupas it didn't fit tightly on the EP-EX15. I kind of wish it didn't reduce the image as it it kind of small to start with.
iblaineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2004, 9:09 PM   #5

True, but I found that with my eyeglasses on, I can now see the whole viewfinder. It is nice not having to move my head to and fro to see the data andcheck my composition. This piece of kit is great for those who need their glasses to take pictures, as it allows full view of the viewfinder.
Old Jul 6, 2004, 1:11 AM   #6

I have had my eyepiece for about 6 months and it keeps falling off - Almost lost both pieces several times - Wish to find a way to get it to stay on better. Any suggestions?
DigitalAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2004, 5:13 AM   #7

I have one too. It went back in the box after a few weeks. I liked the comfort but not worth the image reduction to me. I found that by turning or tiltingmy head slightly I can keep my nose off the camera.
Amateur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2004, 8:41 AM   #8

The alternative would be to get E-NOSTRIL, which moves your nose to the right and frees up a lot of room. Glasses are tricky to keep in place though.
Setiprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2004, 3:04 PM   #9

Now that I have had time to use it in the fieldson several occasions. My opinion has not changed much from the first jubilation.

I would gladly have a smaller viewfinder if I can see the whole screen with my eyeglasses on. To me, this is a very big plus. I can still see all the details for compositional aspects..so I am very happy with it.

Now for what I don't like. the extender goes on the camera very solidly. I haven't had any problems with it moving. However, the eyepiece itself fits on the extender loosely. I mean, it is very easy to move the eyepiece off the extender, just by applying any upward force to the eyepiece. I would imagine some silicon caulking (just a dab) or some other easy to remove glue would fix this annoying problem.

Overall, I am still quite pleased with the extender. I still think if you have eyeglasses, and it annoys you to bob your head to see all 4 corners + themeter readings, then by all means, you will be happy with this little piece of kit.

If you think the viewfinder on the DRebel is small to begin with, then don't get it.
Old Jul 12, 2004, 8:50 AM   #10

What is the E-NOSTRIL and where do you get it?
iblaineman is offline   Reply With Quote