Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jul 16, 2004, 10:59 PM   #31

We don't want to go overboard in acecssories, we already own a 1G memory card for my mom's camera and I will give her my 128 (tee hee hee what a deal!) and take her 1 for my soon-t0-be-new camera.

Also, do you suggest buying it online for $150 cheaper, or from a store you know and trust for the extra $150? My dad did some investigation on one of the websites and we found out it was basically a load of bull, so we're kind of weary.

Thanks again soo much everyone~
discodudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2004, 11:22 PM   #32

I'm late to this discussion and really couldn't add anything in the way of technical advice anyway, Amy. But, I can recommend that if you have a local store with people that you know and trust, I'd buy it from them. For such an expensive outlay anyway, $150 is cheap and you'll have the security of knowing you have a real brick and mortar place to complain to if things go wrong.

Too many online places are shady in one way or another. Even Amazon, which I consider to be quite above board, only allows 30 days for returns. I bet at your local store they'll give you satisfaction way beyond that time period.

My two cents...
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2004, 12:31 AM   #33

Good call, man.
discodudette is offline   Reply With Quote