Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jul 20, 2004, 12:28 PM   #1

We finally decided! My 10D should arrive here tomorrow... (we paid overnight shipping since I'm so anxious).
Anyhoo we ended up getting two 1 gig cards and a camera holder and other stuff like lense protectors as well. Thanks for all of the help in ordering!
We ended up getting nice cheap prices from an online store, but we called in and it's a trusted store, It's called "B&H" and it's in New York.
Oh yeah one last thing my dad bought was a macro lense add-on or something like that... do you know what that is? We (my dad and I)_ ayhve only comunicted via phone because he ordered my present while out of town. He, ironically, will be coming home tomorrow night too!
discodudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 20, 2004, 1:31 PM   #2

Congratulations on your 10D. You'll love it. What lenses did you get? OH, and B&H is one of the biggest camera stores in the country. Very reputable and very reasonable prices. I get all my stuff from them.

Barthold
barthold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2004, 7:54 PM   #3

Congratulations Discodudette. It's a great camera. I have had my little over a year now and LOVE it. I am sure you will too judging from some of the images you have already posted. GOOD LUCK!
lauricel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2004, 9:08 PM   #4

First off, congratulations! I look forward to what you'll be able to do with that camera. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

B&H is one of the largest sellers of photo, video, and audio in the US (single store, that is. The chains might beat them.) They are very reputable and are generally considered the "gold standard" of price and service. So you choose well there.

The macro lens add on you mention is probably a lens which screws on to the front element of the lens which give any lens it fits on macro ability. They work fairly well, although they really are not a substitute for a real macro lens (but they are *much* cheaper!) I've used them and found it worked ok. But then I borrowed a real macro lens and it was easier and better (but it should be, the lens cost over $1,000. I'd love to get one, but I'm not willing to spend that much on it.)

Here is a link to one:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...u=87503&is=REG

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2004, 11:41 PM   #5

Thanks for your nice comments, everyone! I appreciate it! Thanks for the link, Eric.

I am counting down the hours 'till it comes!!!

One question to ask you all: Which computer should I put my stuff on? See my laptop which is a much nicer computer is mine but my school reserves the right to clear all of my files if I get a virus or something... but the thing about my other one is it is a lot older and slower and I don't completely trust it. I plan on backing up all my files on CD anyways, but if I HAD to choose ONE... which do you suggest? Hopefully I won't ever slack and just put it on one computer.. but that might end up being my only option.

I already have a "photo shoot" set up with my friend. Tomorrow when we go to see the horses she is goign to wear some show tack and I am goign to attempt taking a portrait!
Old Jul 20, 2004, 11:49 PM   #6

Hey there, Amy! So you went ahead and took the plunge! Good for you. You're going to love having that camera and I can say this without even owning one (just because of the pictures I've seen posted here taken with that camera).

Put the pictures on your laptop Amy. Does it have a DVD writer? CDs are fine but you are going to generate a lot of pictures and you'll end up using loads of CDs. Using DVDs will be more efficient in the end but you have to make sure you make at least 2 copies and store them in separate locations just in case.

As for your school... I take it that you bring your laptop to school and if the school authorities determine that their network was infected from your laptop they can wipe your disk? Well, don't give them the chance - once you've downloaded your photos back them up immediately and you won't have to worry. In addition, make sure your laptop is running an antivirus program that you keep updated so you can be (almost) sure that your computer is not the one infected.

Oh, you are going to be one happy and excited person tomorrow night!!!
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2004, 12:26 PM   #7

You going to love it. Post some shots when you get it.
bobbyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2004, 3:46 PM   #8

lookin people photos!!! called "taylor Ann" Ive already taken 150+ hahah
Old Jul 21, 2004, 4:55 PM   #9

Going there now, thanks for the tip.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2004, 8:35 PM   #10

You can find them, here, (people photo), or I have 3 up right here(http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...amp;forum_id=6) in case I;m doing this wrong haha. or here-- http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...amp;forum_id=7I have some macros that I took with my 28-135mm.

Please look, respond, and enjoy!