Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Aug 1, 2004, 9:52 AM   #1

Looking for hints! I'm impressed with the quality of the printed photo, but am not pleased with the significant amount of cropping/trimming when you print from a PC (PhotoShop or the native File Viewer in Windows XP). You have to make the image 3.5 x 5 in PhotoShopto get in print what you see in print preview.This shouldn't be the case for an image from a Canon 10D (3:2 ratio). If you make a photo 4 x 6 you have toScaleto Fit Media and often wind up with ahorizonital white borderand still suffer some cropping/trimming. I'm hoping this isn't "normal" behavior" for the 4x6 dye subs and wonder if Canon's CP200 does the same.

DaveCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 3, 2004, 1:37 PM   #2

Decided to call Olympus Tech Support: They say the cropping is expected and there is no plan to address the problem. I asked as a precursor to buying the P-440 if I could expect the same from it. He indicated from a flash card I'd get a true 8 x 10, but from a PC the 8 x 10 would be cropped a little. A little on an 8 x10 might be acceptable; on a 4 x 6 on the P-10 it's too much in my opinion.Even though the quality of the print itself is outstanding, I can't recommend this printer.You shouldn't have toframe a shot to fit a particular printer. You should be able to size an image to 4 x 6 in any editing program and get it a 4 x 6 print.
DaveCannon is offline   Reply With Quote