Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Aug 2, 2004, 6:27 PM   #1

WOW, saturday was hard but fun, I got a lotof ggod shot but the best thing happened. my sisters 2nd cousins husband was a pro photographer and was gonna do the pictures too. but he only brought his basic gear 2 SLR bodies and 3 lenses for each plus a few flashes so that made it much easier on me.

we talked for a bit and we both ran into the same problems when doing the family shots after the wedding the place was wood panneled and glossy ya it was a nightmare so I got to do some major photoshop work to do on them and he was dreading even seeing what his were going to look like. I learned a lot and will be doing more things but not and weddings agian any time soon.

I will post some pics but I have to re setup my pc I took it with me to burn cds of the best pics for the geusts that had PC's to one I get that done you will see me back on
VictorEM83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 2, 2004, 9:36 PM   #2

Congratulations.

I was in much the same shoes a few years ago. We were invited to one of my cousins weddings, when they found out I had taken one of my 35mm SLRs down for touristy shots. It didn't take them long to talk me into taking colour photos for them. The pro photographer they had hired was doing black and white as his prices for colour photos was astronomical.

Anyways, I do not remember much of the wedding except what I saw through my viewfinder.

In the end, they made two wedding albums, one black and white, and the other colour. They were quite pleased with the results...but it wasn't fun. so I can commiserate with your opinion of it.
Chako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2004, 12:03 AM   #3

Glad to hear that you came out still sane. It's interesting how some people (not you, by all you've posted) think wedding photography is easy... until they've actually done it once.

Worry about getting the shots to the happy couple. Sure we'd like to see some, but they are your first priority.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2004, 2:22 AM   #4

I focused on the fun moments and as many serious moments as I could my sister has already seen all my pictures but they are on my pc and she has all the cd I burned and my pc is still apart until I set it back up in my room I was distracted by lightning and that I got 2 shots of.
VictorEM83 is offline   Reply With Quote