Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Aug 11, 2004, 6:38 AM   #21

There is another problem, I forgot about that... a SLR camera like others have a burst option, burst that is used by some to compensate the flaws of an AI servo or equivalent. I think this can be called "blurst" (blind-burst) because the mirror is up... I think. A random object is somehow hard to track but an EVF gives you a freeze-advance kind of continuous play while still making the shots. And I am sure that are some more cases in which the mirror is up when you don't really want that. Is that true?
pauza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2004, 7:43 AM   #22
NHL

All SLR cameras have this wether its film or digital, they are sometime refer to as predictive AF because they need to guess where the subject will be a few milliseconds before the mirror is flipped up and after the curtains are opened (even in single shot mode but in continuous AF)

One of theses days someone will figure out how neat the old Oly of yore was, and add another buffer to the EVF's camera to continuoulsy prestore few images before the shutter is actually released -> kind of like a "Tivo camera" wouldn't that be neat... never miss a shot again! :-):-):-)

For example, bring this camera up to date: http://cf.olympus-europa.com/consume...igital+Cameras
:idea:
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2004, 4:15 AM   #23

And another thing: What about the sun (in my eyes) while shooting certain scenes with a SLR (OVF problem)? To an EVF is bearable.
pauza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2004, 7:25 AM   #24

I used to hate EVFs until I used the A2 and now I think they're great.There are always going to be the traditionalists who want an optical viewfinder, butit is pretty perverse to put this bulky, heavyandexpensive mirror mechanisminto a camera when youcan look at what you're actually recording on the sensor. You can bet your life that if photography had started with digital instead of film, the mirror TTL mechanismwould never have been invented. It shakes the camera at exactly the time when you want it to be steady! How stupid is that. It's also brilliant fo manual shots.I just set the controls so that the picture lokks right and the histogram is in the best place. Try that with your 300d/Rebel.

I wonder who the first manufacturer will be to put an EVF into a camera with interchangeable lenses. It would be cheaper, smaller andlighter and you'd get pictures with less shake.

Technophile is offline   Reply With Quote