Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Aug 6, 2004, 10:09 PM   #1
djb

i was over at royalcamera.com. they are selling the canon 10d for $789.00 factory fresh. is this legit or a scam?

dennis
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 7, 2004, 12:12 AM   #2

I would guess fresh alright. Fresh out of the box with nothing.... no manual cable, software, battery, etc, etc.

There aren't too many posts here about them but I would read these. This list is alphabetical, so just go down to the R's.

http://www.photo.net/neighbor/one-subcategory?id=2

At that price you truly need to expect to get what you pay for, which is a Royal pain the rear. Check prices at B&H and Adorama. They are over $450 more expensive, but they are in line with current prices. Royal Camera is not, by a long shot. There's a reason for that. It's called bait & switch, extra high shipping charges, missing things that should be included, and no response when you have a problem. Save yourself a HUGE headache and stay away from those guys.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2004, 11:30 AM   #3
djb

Greg, thanx!!!!! i figured as much!!! i read the reports about them and they are to be avoided like the plague!!!!! thanx again!!!

dennis
djb is offline   Reply With Quote