Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Aug 12, 2004, 3:37 AM   #1

In some Cannon cameras that use the Digic Image processor some said they saw kind of a white glow in some areas (not colour-fringing): ex. birds on the sky, telephone wires, garden fences, etc. Where I saw that elsewere? Photoshop, after a simple blur(normal or gaussian)-sharpen(normal or more) for noise reduction.
Hello Mr. ISO :O
pauza is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 13, 2004, 7:55 AM   #2

What??:?Please say again, in complete sentances this time.....

What you're saying "sounds" like what I heard about the new 70-300 DO zoom lens, but had nothing to do with the DIGIC chip.

Check this review out:

http://www.photo.net/equipment/canon/70-300do/

Near the bottom there's a note about the "halo" effect this lens seems to give with certain subjects and also talks about bad flare problems, even with a hood mounted. That sounds like what you are referring to.

Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2004, 9:28 AM   #3

My old discussions was about comparing two images: a noisy image gaussian blurred and then sharpened and the other actually taken with a DIGIC equipped camera. Both images in same place, same time. I don't want to name the actual cameras, but the results was about the same, along with that white halo. Possible DIGIC settings? I hope so, I want that DIGIC camera...
pauza is offline   Reply With Quote