Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Sep 15, 2004, 1:42 AM   #11

I'm getting really anxious, its going to be released any day now right?
Bladestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2004, 4:58 AM   #12

Well if you were looking to be among the first on your block to get one, you've already missed out! B&H listed the Kit with lens for sale last night at some time after 6pm est. In order to get one you would have had to place an order prior to 1am this morning as they are now closed for shipping untill Sunday. So as you can see it is tough to be the first on the the block to get the first one! If B&H got inventory I think you'll see others will list theirs today as they get stock. And the great race to post the first picture begins...........What a great hobby.
Tomsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2004, 8:54 AM   #13
NHL

FYI

http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?dpno=494207
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2004, 9:39 AM   #14

I just ordered mine from www.bhphoto.com yesterday and received the tracking number this morning. Will receive it next Wednesday.

Phil
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2004, 7:07 PM   #15

Tomsch wrote:
Quote:
Well if you were looking to be among the first on your block to get one, you've already missed out! B&H listed the Kit with lens for sale last night at some time after 6pm est. In order to get one you would have had to place an order prior to 1am this morning as they are now closed for shipping untill Sunday. So as you can see it is tough to be the first on the the block to get the first one! If B&H got inventory I think you'll see others will list theirs today as they get stock. And the great race to post the first picture begins...........What a great hobby.

I already pre-ordered it weeks ago.
Bladestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2004, 12:52 PM   #16

Everyone in North America at least seems to getting small shipments in around now. So I see that continuing in dribs & drabs until supply overtakes demand and then they'll be available everywhere.

Buying from the smaller independent vendors seems to be a good tactic -- they would tend to have smaller waiting lists.

But that does not mean that they're better than the reputable dealers. I ordered mine from a good local dealer, and picked it up today.
Madwand is offline   Reply With Quote