Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Aug 21, 2004, 9:07 AM   #1

Well I'm just pumped that the 20D just came out at the price point that I'm looking at. I know they a will sell out fast! Is there anywhere to preorder one so I am assured in getting the first batch?

Thank You!
intendedacceleration is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 21, 2004, 10:11 AM   #2

As far as Ritz is concerned, it wasnt in my computer yet Friday at about 6pm est. I will give a shout when I find out it is in the system for a preorder if you like.
Gandalf065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2004, 10:31 AM   #3

Adorama is taking pre-orders. They're noted for fast shipping and reasonable service at competitive prices.

B&H will surely follow shortly -- perhaps just after the weekend if they haven't done so already somewhere. They'll probably get stock at the same time.

My local leading retailers also have preorder forms up on their web site -- one was up yesterday, and the other today.

But I wouldn't expect it sooner than late September now, and just be glad if it comes earlier.
Madwand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2004, 8:55 PM   #4

I pre-order my Canon 20D at www.onecall.com on Friday. Onecall is a great place to buy camera.
ShootingStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2004, 8:58 AM   #5

this place is also taking the pre-order, $1,499 for the body and $1,999 with the new IS lens"

www.normancamera.com
tuanokc@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2004, 9:53 AM   #6

Any public announcement yet about the market coming for 20D? No? Think so...
PhotoKina Germany will be the answer for all our questions... price, availability, etc... I hope.
I am more than sure they wait for the Konica-Minolta to "pop" their Dynax 7D.
One month away... the KM is blocking out the market
pauza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2004, 3:28 PM   #7

I personally wouldn't want to be getting one of the very first ones out of the block & being Canon's markettest as to what may or may not be right. I definitely wouldn't want to be getting a brand new item just beforeshooting anything of importance or that I was being paid to shoot.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2004, 5:18 AM   #8

On another forum they say something about mid-October, but that is for the preordering. Of course, after PhotoKina... I think first it will be released in Japan, as usual. And they still got a kit IS USM, as usual. Not that this is a bad thing, they are producing it. (I hope)
Old Aug 31, 2004, 7:19 AM   #9

I just found out that a lot of online-shops in Germany also accept payment for the 20D, all of them indicating 31.08.2004 as shipment date, price range 1400-1600E for body only. Photokina....
Old Sep 1, 2004, 3:54 AM   #10

Sorry about la last message, it was what I "read" in german. The date 31.08.2004 was the actual date. The Photokina is at the end of september and the date I found was somehow right, except the month which is 08 august. Sometimes you read what you wanted to be...:roll: