Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Aug 22, 2004, 3:28 PM   #1

I been using the 300D for several months now with no real problems apart from some over exposure hitches. Today my LCD (menu)display did not work. I did get the 99 message. I removed the battery for 10 mins. Didn't help. Tried changing lenses to seeif that would helpsolve the problem. No joy.

Yesterday I used the TV cable for the first time, :idea:so I inserted the plug removed and now my 300D is working again :?might be a bad switch

Now my counter is at 2232 frames but I have taken around 800 photos. My flash card jumps from 802 to 2232 very strange. I'm starting to get very dis illustioned with the Canon 300D
mediaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 31, 2004, 8:00 AM   #2

Are there any blank shots on the card, or just the jpg filenames are somehow wrong?
One explanation can be a strange one, you are no longer in possession of your "old" camera, check the serial number.
Or, somehow you activated something considered to be a trick to force the AI servo to be on all the time. It involves plugging a jack and this is not the case I think. Something can go wrong... always. Check out http://www.bahneman.com/liem/photos/...el-tricks.html anyway, it can change your opinion over the Rebel.
pauza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2004, 3:52 AM   #3

pauza wrote:
Quote:
Are there any blank shots on the card, or just the jpg filenames are somehow wrong?
One explanation can be a strange one, you are no longer in possession of your "old" camera, check the serial number.
Or, somehow you activated something considered to be a trick to force the AI servo to be on all the time. It involves plugging a jack and this is not the case I think. Something can go wrong... always. Check out http://www.bahneman.com/liem/photos/...el-tricks.html anyway, it can change your opinion over the Rebel.
Thanks for your reply. I haven't tweaked the 300D in any form, the only thing I have plugged into it was the AV lead. After that is when I experinced problems ie blank lcd screen. I suspect a faulty switch.No blank shots on the card, the camera now behaves normally apart from the jump in frame numbers.This is a new sandiskflash card6/7 weeks old

I'll wait until the warranty is up before I consider upgrading the firmware. .
mediaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2004, 8:40 AM   #4

Try cleaning all the electrical contacts that you can find. There may not be a connection to the AV lead and the problem. Just a thought.
katkison is offline   Reply With Quote