Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Aug 27, 2004, 2:14 PM   #1

Who has the best price on the 10D ??
mnmgri4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 27, 2004, 2:37 PM   #2

It depends on how much risk you are willing to take. I always suggest checking www.bhphoto.com because they are an amazing store to deal with and usually have the best price of all legit stores.

but you can always use the product search engines to find a good price. But be very careful as you might get ripped off.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2004, 2:51 PM   #3

Also wait a few weeks:-) I'd expect the 10D price to start comming down after the 20D starts selling.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2004, 3:01 PM   #4

B&H's price right now is $1,269 for a USA warrantied body in the boxwith all the assessories as supplied by the manufacturer.

No doubt there may be some legitimate dealers selling for slightly under this amount. If you see one advertised newfor significantly less (I'd say for less than $1,100) you will probably be best off just walking away.

"If it looks too good to be true, it probably is", is the motto you need to follow on this. there are plenty of scam online stores luring people in with unbelievable offers. Take them as that...unbelieveable.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2004, 6:43 PM   #5

PeterP is right. If you can wait, do so. The 20D has been anounced and it will drive down the price of the 10D to flush the inventory.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2004, 10:49 PM   #6

Interesting, both Vistek and DownTownCamera in Canada have dropped the 10d from their catalogs.

Only bodies they list now are the 1ds, 1d-mkII, d-rebel and 20d preorder.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2004, 7:28 AM   #7
NHL

There's a "window" of opportunity: The 10D is no longer manufactured when the assembly was changed over to make room for the 20D production -> wait too long and you'll be out of luck and second-hand cameras may be your only option!
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2004, 11:16 AM   #8

I got one from BestPriceAudioVideo last month for $1149. They were out and only got in a couple and i had to keep up with the site everyday to get one. I suspect they will get no more now. I prefer to get new one with full Canon warrenty. Although people on ebay say they have Canon warrenty left it is not transferable when you sell the camera. I called Canon and asked them once when i was thinking of selling a camera still under warranty.

BTW, they have a very high reseller rating and ive dealt with them before. They have excellent service and sales people. B&H is good but they have some of the rudest salespeople.
sasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2004, 7:01 AM   #9

I bought mine from buydig.com a few months back. Then had a good price then and abetter one now ($1137.00). It came with a real usa warrenty and no sales BS.
jjgncmg is offline   Reply With Quote