Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Sep 14, 2004, 12:48 AM   #1

Not sure if this belongs here or not. Late today I was out taking some pix at a local Fire Dept. control burn. I had the 300D & 420EX - No problems. I had the Elan 7 testing a roll of the Kodak 400UC & hadmy Wein Safe Sync Filter on it, along with a Sunpak 544 flash. Worked great. I had my EOS-3 with Provia 100F& my Sunpak 522 & every time I tried to take a pix it would almost lock up - or sound like it was on 'bulb'.I had to turn it off & then back on to get it ready to fire. After about 4 aborted attempts with this, I said to heck with it. I had the flash sync set to 1/200th Sec. & flash in the PC Hole, & camera on the TV Mode which is what I shoot in all the time! When I put the 420EX on there, it worked! And worked with the 522 unplugged. I tried this setup indoors (EOS-3 & 522)about a year ago & it did fine! Any ideas???

Thanks as always,

David
Railfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 18, 2004, 11:20 AM   #2

Think I correctedthe problem myself. Re-read the manual & turned a switch from an O to a straight line above the wheel on the back of the body. Tried one random shot in the house & it worked!
Railfire is offline   Reply With Quote