Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 17, 2004, 2:04 PM   #1
Senior Member
bobbyz's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,423

Need to get a tripod for use with 10D & 100-400L. Will be buying 17-40. I am lookinga t bogen 3021. Seems I can't remove the center column. Is it true? I will probably get the Markins ball head. Another option would be to get the gitzo 1325 which is expensive but will come handy if I upgrade to longer glass later on.
bobbyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 17, 2004, 2:25 PM   #2
Senior Member
Setiprime's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 484


I have used a Bogen 3021 for about 10 years or so. This might indicate how tough it is. The center column comes in real handy when you need that extra few inches of height. The other feature is the legs can really SPREAD out to take you low down.

I use the Bogen "pistol grip" ballhead, the leveling bubble is a nice feature and I use the 'slot' for shooting straight down quite a bit.. It is more than adequate to hold my 300D and the 100/400L. However I just use the camera/lens as hand held for much of my wildlife shooting. The IS makes steadiness almost a non-issue.

I'm sure you will get a wide variety of opinions on this and any other questions you may have.

Good shooting
Setiprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2004, 4:33 PM   #3
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,585

The 3021 comes in two versions. The Pro version adapts that the center tube can be removed and inserted on a horiznal axis.


gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:00 PM.