Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Sep 23, 2004, 3:34 AM   #1

Hi

I just upgraded my 300d to the new 20D. Sweet camera....! A quick question... How can i reset my CF card so that it reads zero so that i can tell how many shots i have taken with the 20D. When i put the card in it continues the numbering from the 300D. I know why it might do it but i would prefer it to be zeroed in the new camera. Is it a matter of formatting it in my card reader as formatting in the camera doesnt work....?

About the 20D... well its amazing... dont get me wrong i love the 300D.... it produces stunning images very easily but this really is a step above in terms of performance and build. I expected it to be, as it is a range above in price etc. It focus's and fires very quickly and start up times are immediate. To be able to select the type of focusing and metering in all creative modes is a real bonus for me after the 300d. Things i dont like....? Well i dont understand why they havent made it compatible with my infrared remote that i used with the 300D. Curious to me....! Not so sure about the joystick yet but i am sure i will get used to it.

Thanks and good luck

Richie
Richie Hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 23, 2004, 3:16 PM   #2

I believe that is the procedure you need to follow

1. Go to page 61 of the manual and read about the continous and auto reset modes.

2. Format the card

3. Go to the menu as directed on page 61 set the number to auto reset.

4. Close the menu and take a couple of pictures

5. Open the menu and reset the settings to continous numbering

6. Close the menu and take a couple of pictures.

Hope this will work.

Phil

gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2004, 3:47 AM   #3

Thanks Phil, I will have a go at that tonight and let you know how i get on on Monday morning. I am really looking forward to my first 20d weekend..!

See ye

Richie
Richie Hatch is offline   Reply With Quote