Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Sep 24, 2004, 6:27 PM   #1

Kirk announced last weekend that their new custom plate for the 20D would ship on the 27th. Looks they they came in early. My arrived from FedEx 2 Day Air today. Fits the 20D perfectly.

If folks were wondering if the 10D plate fits, the answer is definitely no. The tripod socket hole is in a different place and the front of the 20D has a curve that is not there on the 10D.

I love the Kirk Enterprise products. I use their ball head, their dual arm macro flash bracket, and their telephoto flask bracket. Plus custom plates for all of my heavy lenses and my camera bodies. Great stuff!

Unlike Really Right Stuff, you get great customer service. You can order by Web and pay with a credit card. They sent me an e-mail with the FedEx tracking number. The next day, they phoned with the tracking number. Excellent customer service for a $50 camera plate.

Cheers,

Mitch
gmitchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 24, 2004, 8:00 PM   #2

Mitch,

Apparently you haven't dealt with RRS since they've changed hands. I have ordered several products from them and have gotten nothing but superb service, not only on the web service, but with the phone calls that I have had with them. I had a small problem with a shipment, called them, and they righted the problem immediately. I have heard stories of poor service when it was in the hands of the previous owner, but I've heard nothing but positive comments since Joe and his wife took over -- and that was certainly my personal experience with them.

I have never dealt with Kirk...wait, yes I have...I ordered my tripod through them and that was a very positive experience.

ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2004, 8:37 PM   #3

gmitchel wrote:
Quote:
Kirk announced last weekend that their new custom plate for the 20D would ship on the 27th. Looks they they came in early. My arrived from FedEx 2 Day Air today. Fits the 20D perfectly.

If folks were wondering if the 10D plate fits, the answer is definitely no. The tripod socket hole is in a different place and the front of the 20D has a curve that is not there on the 10D.

I love the Kirk Enterprise products. I use their ball head, their dual arm macro flash bracket, and their telephoto flask bracket. Plus custom plates for all of my heavy lenses and my camera bodies. Great stuff!

Unlike Really Right Stuff, you get great customer service. You can order by Web and pay with a credit card. They sent me an e-mail with the FedEx tracking number. The next day, they phoned with the tracking number. Excellent customer service for a $50 camera plate.

Cheers,

Mitch
Quote:
where have you been for the past 2 years. i talk to joe a RRS when ever i need to. ordering over the web is easy. and i'm sorry but as far as overall design and finish RRS puts others to shame. they are artists. i have one of the original BH-55 ballheads that just came out. a real piece of great simplified engineering.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote