Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Oct 7, 2004, 7:52 AM   #1
NHL

Quote:
We are confident in our optical stabilising system, but as you know we are always considering better alternatives. Canon is capable of having a stabilising system both in the lens and the body, but we are choosing the best way at the best time so at the moment we're going with optical stabilising.
If there will be more requests from professional photographers to have it in the body then we are prepared to do it, but for now things stay as they are.
... plus other interesting stuff:
http://www.e-fotografija.com/artman/...icle_440.shtml

NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 7, 2004, 9:20 AM   #2

Sounds like, maybe, maybe not. I'm not sure you can follow in the footsteps of someone who hasn't even had a product in the market yet.Canon may come out with a 20D replacement before anyone can buy this new Minolta Digital SLR we've been reading about for 9 months now!
Greg Chappell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2004, 11:46 AM   #3

Quote:
Q: At the moment you have two high end cameras. Will the next generation be just one, high speed and high resolution camera? A: Yes
This caught my eye. Considering the cost difference between the 1D-MkII and 1Ds-MkII, the idea of combining these two cameras into one kinda scares me.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2004, 12:11 PM   #4

At this point both are beyond my and most others reach anyway expense-wise, so what they do at that level isn't going to affect what I will be buying, at leastin the near future anyway. It wouldn't surprise me to see either the 1.3 or the 1:1 model go away, but which one itwill be isCanon's little secret I guess.

There's a lot of speculation in that interview about stuff that's a good ways down the road, like combined movie/still cameras that take quality images both ways, but I'm not sure ithappen in my life time to take advantage of. I know it's available now, but the image quality issue has a good long way to go before it's something I want to combine into one unit.
Greg Chappell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2004, 6:44 PM   #5

Eric,

Isn't that's what Nikon is doingwith their new 12 mega pixel D2X? It can act as a large image camera for studio situations and can be switched to a lower res fast frame mode for sports. I think the next logical step for Canon is to have a 1Ds MKIII that replaces both the 1Ds & 1D by having the camera go from full frame mode to a smaller portion of the sensor to achieve faster frame rates. I don't particularly like the idea of Nikon using the same1.5 sized sensor and reducing the image caputure size to 2 to get the additional speed. However,it's a very good approach overall and in my opinion, allows a professional or advanced amatuerto use the same camera for very different situations. It'll be interesting to see how much the new Nikon costs. I was beginning to feel sorry forNikon owners with lots of goodglass because Nikon hadn't come out with anything higher than a 5+ meg professional camera.

It was very hard to choose between the 20D and the MKII 1D. If I was making more money, it would have been a no brainer.

Bill

wsandman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2004, 10:46 AM   #6

Combining the 1D's would also give them room in their lineup for a digital body equivalent to the EOS 3. That's the camera I'm saving up for.
ursa is offline   Reply With Quote