Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Oct 10, 2004, 4:19 PM   #1

Well, after listening to my brother and various people on this site, I upgraded the 10d to the 20d. I was umming and ahhing about the 1d mkII but really couldnt justify the extra cost!!! I think I made the right choice. Initially, I didnt like the camera, which is funny because I remember feeling the same way about the 10d when I first got it, then, when I got used to it, I LOVED it!! Now, I am used to the 20d, the pics are sharp sharp sharp, it is amazingly fast (I think I outgrew the 10d in these respects, it was becoming too slow for me!), and the picture quality at high ISO is incredible. I actually felt a pang of loss when I sold the 10d to a work colleague, it is still a great camera! My only qualms about the 20d, is that it is too small without the grip, BAD Canon for making me buy a new one!!!, shutter IS noisy if you are doing stealth work, and the kit lens isnt all that great but is ok for people starting out. I would recommend that people upgrade to a better starter lens though. (Edited as my previous rant was a bit excessive!)

Built in flash? Never use it anyway, but it DOES manage to peek over the lenses now! :-)

5 FPS? Sexeeeeeeeeee! :love:

Start up time? Wow, I never turn the camera off now, it is almost instantaneous.....

Write and review time? Wow again...makes a MASSIVE difference in the field..I am IMPATIENT!

This camera will become my back up/Sports cameraonce they release the mouth-watering 1Ds MkII. I am losing sleep over this ... (mainly about where I will get the money for it!). This will be my main, for weddings, portraits, advertising and excellent for stock pics. (It produces 50mb straight out of the camera which is the required size for stock photos!!!). When I have this my life will be COMPLETE!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

When (If)I DO buy it (Its being added to the mortgage!! HOHOHO!), I will not read a camera review, or watch Photokina news, or visit the Canon website, or even read camera reviews in magazines for fear of having to keep up with the advance of new technology. These 2 babies will do me nicely for a long time. I have been waiting for digital to reach good FPS (At an affordable price?!?!?!?!?) and high enough resolution (Vive la Resolution!) to meet industry standards!!!! ITS TIME HAS COME!!!!!

Anyway, pics to upload and send for print, just wanted to give my 2 cents worth!

By the way, anyone know the release date for the 1ds mkII?

Cheers,

Nick

P.s. A coupla my 1st pics taken with it attached...........

Attached Images

Freefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 10, 2004, 4:43 PM   #2

Another pic....
Attached Images

Freefly is offline   Reply With Quote