Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Oct 11, 2004, 9:04 AM   #1

Hey everyone, hope you can help…

I am from the UK, and bought a battery grip for my 300D in the US the other week. I am really happy with the way it has changed the shape of my camera making it so much easier to use…BUT I am having a problem with the battery display. I can put in two fully charged batteries and after about 5 mins or so of shooting (either with or without the review mode) the battery symbol goes down to almost empty. This happens every time I use the battery grip but when I put a single charged battery in the camera it takes hundreds of pics before the same symbol appears.

I have continued to take pics with the battery symbol on almost empty which leads me to believe that it is just an error but I don't want to be in a position where I run out of battery during a shoot….

Has anyone come across this problem themselves? Any help/advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Mark :?
sniperonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 11, 2004, 11:39 AM   #2

I also have the battery grip with my 300D and had no issue like this. Have you removed and reinstalled the grip and the batteries? Also try cleaning the contacts on the grip and batteries and see if that helps. If none of the above help try to exchange the grip for another one.
choeschen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2004, 5:15 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply, will give it a go this weekend and see what happens!

Thanks

sniperonline is offline   Reply With Quote