Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Oct 15, 2004, 3:50 PM   #11

qboom76,

My package is scheduled for delivery next Monday, the 18th. I'll let you know when it arrives.

best,

k
ulik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2004, 1:31 PM   #12

Just got my package. Everything shipped as ordered - drebel, sigma 18-125, ef 100-300, ef 50/1.8, filters. Satisfied so far! Now waiting for Fedex to deliver my CF cards...
ulik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2004, 5:29 PM   #13

You could also try this. Sears matches and beatsany price (according to their website http://www.sears.com/sr/misc/sears/m...cal=ELEC#price).

So what you do is print out the price from the following site (BTW, don't buy from these guys) and take it into Sears to have them beat the price. http://www.amphotoworld.com/product....=cneos300d1855

If they sell it to you, you could technically get the camera from Sears for about$600 and then use the $100 rebate from Canon to get the camera for $500.

Here is the link to Sears - http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...igital+Cameras

What is the worst they could say, "NO." Oh well if so.
RyanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2004, 6:38 PM   #14

If Sears says they match or beat the price, by law they HAVE to do so or are open for a suit which they'd lose with proof. Though it does have to be the same exact product (which some dopes will try to get another anyhow), and I have done the price thing and have never had Sears say "No". SO....if sears has it and you can prove a cheaper price ...go for it!
SkippyTheWonderPuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2004, 8:19 PM   #15

Plus, I found a Sears coupon for $30 off electronics over $250. So you could knock another $30 off of that.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 10:21 AM   #16

If you read the Sears page carefully, it states that they will match online prices for sites that have a retale location in your area. This seems to exclude sites with no retail outlets. (Darn!)

Ron
surfnron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2004, 5:24 PM   #17

I got mine from buydig.com a few weeks ago.

It was $815, that was for the kit. Brand new, no bait and switch or grey market items.

The real thing, full box, etc..

My wife got a Nikon N80 from them for $289 a few days before I ordered my dRebel.

Resellerratings.com had good reviews for the site and even though I ordered on a Sunday night with regular (not inflated mind you) shipping I had more order on Wednesday.

They were the cheapest I've found from a legit reseller outside of using the Sears pricematching and coupons.
fosterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2004, 12:57 AM   #18

FYI - I ordered my dRebel from digifotoclub.com...the sales person was Izzy Brown. Professional guy, did try to sell me some extras (UV filter, which I agreed to get, only because I needed one), but stopeed asking me about additional items once I said I didn't need anything else.

Price was good ($815), shipping was fast, and everything as expected. I would order from them again.

Now it's time to start taking pics!
qboom76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2004, 10:55 PM   #19

surfnron wrote:
Quote:
If you read the Sears page carefully, it states that they will match online prices for sites that have a retale location in your area. This seems to exclude sites with no retail outlets. (Darn!)

Ron
Yes, I saw that. Which isn't a bad think if you live in the NY or NJ area since all of the inexpensive priced adds are from online & retail locations in NY or NJ.

I actually just got a new G6 for free. I bought my G3 in May of '03 at Best Buy with the extended warranty. I took it in on Saturday and told the girl that it still worked, but the quality was not as good as it used to be and the shutter time is very slow. She told me to go pick out a new one. So a I upgraded from a G3 to a G6 for free. This should hold me off for at least another year in regards to getting a DSLR. By the girls reaction, I almost think I could have got the DRebel for free.