Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Oct 24, 2004, 1:35 PM   #1

I just exchanged my 10D for the 20D and I'm a little confused about the various RAW options offered by the 20D. There are 2 - RAW + L options, 2 - RAW + M options and 2 - RAW + S options. Then there is a single RAW option. Can somebody please explain the differences between these options?

StevenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 24, 2004, 3:04 PM   #2

Did you get a manual with the camera StevenZ? Reading it will probably give you a lot more help than asking questions here one by one that are more correctly answered in the manual, and also answer questions that you haven't thought of yet. The 20D is not a simple camera. Reading the manual is not hard.

If you didn't get a manual, then I can probably find an online link for you.
Madwand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2004, 4:53 PM   #3

I did get the manual and I did read the section in question. I found the description in the manual a little too vague for me to understand.
StevenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2004, 8:01 PM   #4

When the image recording quality is set to RAW+JPEG (which ever one you set Large fine, Large normal, Medium Fine, Medium normal, Small Fine, Small normal) the camera will save 2 files in the same folder, One with a CR2 file extension (RAW) and one in JPEG. The image number will be the same though. If you use the Basic Zone modes RAW and RAW+JPEG cannot be selected. If you select just RAW the camera will save the picture in the RAW format, CR2 file extension. I have had my 20D for almost 2 weeks now and am still learning also. Other then what I have explained I'm not too familiar with what needs to be done to a RAW file later.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2004, 8:23 PM   #5

The same options were available in the 10D, but in different menus.
Madwand is offline   Reply With Quote