Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Oct 28, 2004, 1:11 PM   #11

Ok. Since the store needs to be in a 50 mile radius I might as well go to New York and buy it from sears there. I guess they'll except the price match then. My brother is in Rocky Hills CT, maybe that is why they did not want to match it.

Cheers
Maxxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2004, 1:17 PM   #12

wait...the store that you're having sears match (this case AMphotoworld) would need to be local? am i right?

or are you saying there needs to be a local sears?

unfortunately neither are near you maxxis :-\

where is it your brother lives...maybe you could ask him a favor

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2004, 1:26 PM   #13

It seems like the Sears store needs to be within 50 mile radius of AM Photo in order for them to match the price.

He is in Rocky Hills. There is a sears in East Hartford. Since AM Photo is in brooklyn I guess i'll have to get to New York and buy it. I emailed sears back to see if they will match the price if I buy the cam in New York.

Hold thumbs. My brother is going to New York for thanks giving weekend.

Old Oct 28, 2004, 3:02 PM   #14

Update. The retailer must have an outlet. Thus A&M does not qualify for sears price match.

Anybody know of a cheap place to get a digital rebel. 500 - 600 bucks. Must be new. No eBay as South Africans cant register with PayPal

Cheers
Old Oct 29, 2004, 1:50 AM   #15

I just bought the 20d and still have the digital rebel. Here is some pictures I took couple months ago at Grand Canyon using the rebel with the stock lens.

http://216.185.138.94/grand-1.jpg

http://216.185.138.94/grand-2.jpg

http://216.185.138.94/grand-3.jpg

And since the 20d has 8.2 megapixel. I would hope that it givesmore good quality.
Ceddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2004, 1:28 AM   #16

Hello there,

I don't even know if this thread is still active, but I wanted to add a little that may or may not help out.

As I see in an earlier post, the size you are looking to print is a little much for the DRebel, and just about any consmer camera. But I too had an F717 and decided after a lont time to upgrade to a DRebel. I say upgrade because the creative control is increased. I do have to admit (In my own opinion) that the pictures taken with the DRebel have better color than the F717.

If you are still interested in any other comparisons of the two, let me know and I will be glad to help out. It was a big decision for me because the F717 is nothing to laugh at.

Dave Porter

[email protected]

headhunter66 is offline   Reply With Quote