Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Oct 30, 2004, 7:22 PM   #1

Today I was home sick form work so I went to a pot luck where my uncle just proposed to his girlfriend. So I snagged a few shots.

Now They want me to do their wedding please some one kill me!
VictorEM83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 30, 2004, 8:15 PM   #2

haha...

"just say no........"
or...do a ton of studying on weddings, and shoot it!

but, i'd have them get a professional anyway..."just in case"

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2004, 11:56 PM   #3

Ive done a wedding b4 and it was the hardest day of my life not to mention the 3 weeks it took me(just my spare time an hour here and hour there) to touch up 45 photos in photoshop due to a few issues I had with how the print came out at the photo place but not on the screen.
Old Oct 31, 2004, 12:18 AM   #4

i believe you...

there's too much pressure weighing on you...you mess up...you're dead!

lol

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2004, 12:45 AM   #5

Just tell them you can't possibly do justice to the event, and thank them for the compliment. There is a reason why there always seems to be openings in wedding photography.
hedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2004, 12:48 AM   #6

Or tell them that you'd be happy to shoot the candid shots that many professionals don't get a chance to shoot. You would hate for there to be bad feelings between you if something happened and your computer crashed with all of their images or something. Stranger things have happened. Be the standby guy!!
WisconsinGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2004, 12:49 PM   #7

Well I am going to try and get them to let me do a pre or post wedding shoot to do some really good pictures incase the ones from the wedding dont turn out how I like. Plus I told them upfront. Im no pro but the like the photos I did for them without any notice so the say they have alot of faith in me so I can tell they have gone ->:?

Alas I will do it but this time I will have the proper equipment! Also much more expenence and that is the most important thing!

Plus I am trying to get mu uncles old laptop out of the deal all it needs is a USB 2.0 card in it and a fatty external HDD then it would be perfect for when I go on trips with my camera.
Old Nov 1, 2004, 9:16 PM   #8

Im no pro but the like the photos I did for them without any notice so the say they have alot of faith in me so I can tell they have gone ->:?

No offense but I'm guessing they like having someone shoot their wedding for a highly discounted price. Stick to your guns. Offer to do some candid shots and even a shoot before or after. There's too much of a downside if things go wrong. Do you have a backup camera? Do you have the necessary lenses and flash? Do you have backups if someone accidentally knocks a lense or camera out of your hands? Especially with it being a relative, I'm sure you'd feel terrible if you had an equipment malfunction and they end up with no wedding photos.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2004, 11:53 PM   #9

Ya I have some backup equipment but it wount be anything to boast about.

I have a Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 lens that I just got and am getting good with. My tax return is getting me a Sigma 70-200 mm F2.8 HSM lens. then I am going to get a flash most likley the Sigma Super 500DG.

Old Nov 2, 2004, 8:34 AM   #10

Quote:
My tax return is getting me a Sigma 70-200 mm F2.8 HSM lens. then I am going to get a flash most likley the Sigma Super 500DG.
I have both for my Rebel and they're both great choices. Even if you don't end up shooting the wedding, you'll be happy with these 2 products.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote