Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Dec 4, 2004, 4:13 PM   #21

Greg- Not all that bad. Next time, you might tell the guy with the monopod he's supposed to look through the viewfinder, to shoot good pitures'
Setiprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2004, 5:00 PM   #22

Wow, Great Shot Greg! Looks like You're Going to Also Love the 100-400L! Congrats on the lens!!

Well, I Did use the Battery Grip w\2 Batteriesfor the Sertoma Air Show Shoot! It was Great at Stabalizing the whole setup, especially using the 3lb 100-400L for 6 hours! I'm no weakling, but I'll take all the help I can Get!

Since then, I installed the E1 Hand Side Grip that adds additional stability to the Body with Any lens!!

Will also be looking at the Op-Tech Harness that Jon was talking about, got to save the Back!!

I'm Really looking forward to using the 100-400L for wildlife shoots, like the Zoo and such!

Have a Great Christmas!

Ted

theophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2004, 10:03 AM   #23

Hello All! :-)

Speaking of the Zoo and the Benefits of the Canon 100-400mm f4.5-5.6 IS, went last Sunday to the Audubon Zoo for 6 hours, took 630 Pics and came up with these Two Portfolios! If You Still have any doubts about the Quality or Sharpness of this lens, View the Full Size Images, Incredible!!

Make Sure to Check out the Elephants and Rhinos here, Up Close and Personal!

http://community.webshots.com/album/232322766avSoRE

Here the Orangoutangs and Gorillas Are Amazing with their "Humanistic" Expressions!

http://community.webshots.com/album/232323985agsadE

Hope You Enjoy!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Ted

theophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2004, 10:18 PM   #24

Quote:
Wow, Outside at f5.6 on that 55-200mm, You must have been in Very Low Light for just a 1/15 th Shutter Speed! ISO 400 would have given a 1/60
We were in direct sunlight so we used a large defusser panel between the sun and the model. I was back pretty far usin full 200 mm zome to blur background. What I got was a blurry shot with the 55-200 f4 -5.6. However, I believe I was shooting at ISO 100 my default for portraits. I should have probably tried ISO200 because at that range handheld or because I was at full zoomn and wide openon a cheap lens, the shots were just not that exciting. Also focusing was slow, basically I am not impressed with the 55-200 variable aperture lens for non-flash photography. I think my next lens will be the 70-200 F4L.

These wereshot with Digital Rebel and 55-200 lens.

Attached Images

minutephotos.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2004, 10:24 PM   #25

O.K. so I loose focus sometimes, here is one of the players...

Attached Images

Old Dec 19, 2004, 10:35 PM   #26

And not my favorite as I am a niners fan but they (the Redskins) always had the ball....

Defense can't win a game...

I got some great shots of some Reall BIG L-series lens too. You can alway s tell the L-series lens because they are so big and "White".
Attached Images