Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Nov 3, 2004, 12:31 PM   #1

I saw this on Steves & dpreview. I noted that it will come only with the 18-55 Kit - I mean plastic lens. Bummer. I wonder how many people will sell their Silver bodies or trade them for the Black one? I would, but saving my $$$ for 1 or 2 more lenses & a New CPU for my computer, an Epson 4870 scanner - to scan my older slides on, a DVD Recorder & a 32" Flat Screen TV. Don't get me started on Stereoequipment - I could rattle all day about that stuff.

DH
Railfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 3, 2004, 1:16 PM   #2

is it the same price?

i think i'd rather have a black one...would look better with the battery grip

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2004, 3:08 PM   #3

$899.00 was the price on the 300D in Black & Silver when it first came out in September 2003. $9990.00 got you the kit lens & body. Now, the 300D is discounted at some places, plus Canon is now offereing a $100.00 rebate on the 300D. If you have a budget, buy the 300D & the 28-105, or if you can afford it, buy the 300D with the Canon 17-85 IS USM EF-S lens.
Old Nov 3, 2004, 8:20 PM   #4

i was at the Canon day @ Catalina Island this past weekend and saw a dealer CAI Cameras had a few with them to show.... it was toooo nice. U.S. finally brought over the black Rebel. I just picked one up from CAI Cameras and loving it. I spoke to the rep. from CAI Cameras and they told me that they can't advertise it on the web saying that they have the black Rebel. But they can verbally advertise it. I bought mine w/ the vert. grip and just made it that much better. Go in there or call the store and ask for James or Flora. They really hooked me up :-)Their web site is http://www.caicameras.com
jlee1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2004, 9:54 PM   #5

jlee1026 wrote:
Quote:
i was at the Canon day @ Catalina Island this past weekend and saw a dealer CAI Cameras had a few with them to show.... it was toooo nice. U.S. finally brought over the black Rebel. I just picked one up from CAI Cameras and loving it. I spoke to the rep. from CAI Cameras and they told me that they can't advertise it on the web saying that they have the black Rebel. But they can verbally advertise it. I bought mine w/ the vert. grip and just made it that much better. Go in there or call the store and ask for James or Flora. They really hooked me up :-)Their web site is http://www.caicameras.com
Hmmmmm....

Your first post and you mention CAI Cameras three times plus give their web site. Sounds kinda like advertising to me.

RyanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2004, 1:18 AM   #6

Their prices are High! The original DRebel - I have seen it for around $700 something - they also have the 10D listed at $1499.00 & they are discontinued - they aregoing for around $1100.00 in some places, I think. No mention of the 20D.

I suggest you prospective buyers check on: B&H, Buy.com , or Calumet photographic & see what they have to say.

L8R

DH