Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Nov 18, 2004, 7:20 AM   #11

I finally gave up with the on-line supplier and bought the camera from a shop. I often wonder if someof these faults are not caused by miss-handlingfrom the postal services, so it is nice to be able to inspect the goods/boxes before purchase. They were doing a deal for the EOS300D body and 2 Sigma lenses. The lenses were 18-50mmF3.5-5.6 and 55-200mm F4-5.6. The sigma lenses do feelmore solid and less sloppy than the Canon kit lens. I am also pleased with the sharpness of the lenses, and the overall picture quality.

So far everything appears to be OK with the camera, in fact it is very impressive. I am stillplaying withthe functions and will no doubt find something to complain about!!

The RAW mode used in conjunction with Photoshop is nothing short of miraculous. My partner has a G2, butshe hasnever used raw mode. Why shoot any other way??? RAW mode and Photoshop is the complete "darkroom", and I would say to anyone buying a digital camera, insist upon it!!!

Thanks to everyone for their input, it is so good to be able share the disappointment, and realise that it is not the end of life as we know it.

Here is a photo taken with my new camera, not a work of art, but just to demonstrate the detail captured by the 300D/Sigma 18-50mm combination. For those interested:

Shooting Mode: Program AE
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/80
Av( Aperture Value ) 7.1
Metering Mode: Evaluative
Exposure Compensation 0
ISO Speed 400
Lens 18.0 - 50.0 mm
Focal Length 32.0 mm

Attached Images

pauloffrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2004, 9:40 AM   #12

pauloffrance wrote:
Quote:
The RAW mode used in conjunction with Photoshop is nothing short of miraculous. My partner has a G2, but she has never used raw mode. Why shoot any other way??? RAW mode and Photoshop is the complete "darkroom", and I would say to anyone buying a digital camera, insist upon it!!!
because until I get a new flash card, mine is a mere 64mb? that's less than 10 raw shots.
=P
klocwerk is offline   Reply With Quote