Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Nov 25, 2004, 10:42 PM   #1

I saw this just the other day on another web site. If you bought a Canon DSLR you also own Photoshop Elements. You can go to Adobe's web page for Canon owners and upgrade to the full photoshop for $299. I plan to do this myself in the next few days- quite a savings, but it does not appear to be for everyone world-wide. Definitely US, maybe Canada too. You do have to be sure and register your Elements online with Adobe so they have your record of the product.

Here's the web page:

http://store.adobe.com/store/product...ml?id=catCanon
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 26, 2004, 8:58 AM   #2

Thanks for the information Greg. I have the trial version currently and love the programs' capabilities. Lots to learn however. I had heard a rumor about that upgrade from Elements 2. I bought the Cannon 10D. I will be asking Santa to put it under my tree.

Have a Great HOLIDAY!!! :|

Sam
lauricel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2004, 3:14 AM   #3

It sure was easy. I just did it this evening. $299 for Photoshop CS plus $14.95 shipping and $25 sales tax- total $339 for a product that costs $600+ off the shelf almost anywhere else!
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2004, 12:24 PM   #4

Hi Greg!

Yes, Thanks for the Heads-up on the Adobe PSCS offer to Canon 2.0 owners!!
Like Sam, I too have an Upgrade to CS coming in for Christmas (and BirthrdayAnniversary) !!!

Wow, between the new DSLR System and PSCS, I'm Going to be a little busy for say, the next 10 Years!!! :?

Happy Holidays!

Ted

theophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2004, 11:02 PM   #5

PLUS, with Photosho CS you can download a plug-in from Adobe to directly open 300D and (I'm pretty sure) 20D RAW files.

No need to use Canon software for conversion anymore!

I'm going to shoot RAW now for better resolution, and upgraded just for this reason.

Charlie
cgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2004, 11:09 PM   #6

The 20D raw support in PS CS is still in beta, but the download is available and it works great!, Just a daily NAG that it needs to be replaced with the production version as soon as it is available.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2004, 11:21 PM   #7

PeterP wrote:
Quote:
The 20D raw support in PS CS is still in beta, but the download is available and it works great!, Just a daily NAG that it needs to be replaced with the production version as soon as it is available.
Are you sure? I have 20D raw support in Camera Raw 2.3.

I think 2.4 is the beta.
Paul(UK) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2004, 11:49 PM   #8

Yes :-)2.3 opened the 20d Raw files with no problems, but the 20D was not listed as a supported camera :-)

The 2.4 beta now adds the 20D to its officially supported list :-). It is quite possibly they did not change anything in the code except the supported list.. :blah:
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote