Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Nov 28, 2004, 4:12 PM   #11

lol, good points...lenses are the real expense...good thing they last a good amount of time when treated right

i'm hoping to try some night stuff tonight...if it's clear...

i gotta get myself a remote cable release so i don't have the shake the camera around holding the shutter down...

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2004, 8:08 PM   #12

photosbyvito wrote:
Quote:
i gotta get myself a remote cable release so i don't have the shake the camera around holding the shutter down...
Use the timer, Vito, until you can get the remote cable release...
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2004, 9:19 PM   #13

Congrates on your new purchase. Having a card reader is a must for any digital camera user no matter what!! I just bought PhotoShop Elements 3.0 and the RAW conversion is so sweet! Just put your card in and Wala:-) Other items to get are good glass, battery grip, and a few CF cards. Buying a large CF card is nice if you feel like spending alot on something that small. I'd rather buy a few 512MB or a couple 1GB before i buy anything larger then a Gig. That's if your just a regular person and not a Pro. Since my owning of my Digital Rebel i'm at over 5000 pics. It's been lil over a year since i've had mine( early adopter). By the end of the high school sport for winter i'm hoping to have at least 15,000 pics taken!!! Thats is amazing when figuring out the rolls of film i would've gone through!!! My next camera is either the 20D or the EOS-1 Mark 2(8meg). Oh maybe other good investment is a large format printer(ie: Canon I9900).
macatack71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2004, 9:38 PM   #14

Congrats Vito. I'm guessing you got it with a lens......... :blah::lol::lol::blah:
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2004, 11:19 PM   #15

haha, yeah peter, i got it with the kit lens...but i'm planning on getting a telephoto and ultra wide within the next6 months (lol, when i get the money saved...i'm clear out...lol)

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"i got the memory situation figured out...i'm pretty sure...lol,

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"i'm gonna have to get that 'wire' shutter release soon...so i can take some star trails...and other night time photography

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"btw, have i mentioned how much i loving the 'realness' of the SLR camera? the mirror slapping back into place, the size of it...the viewfinder! i love it!

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"lol, this is coming from a guy that grew up (lol, from 8-13 i think) with a piece of crap...concrete focus, no zoom, barely a flash (actually..i don't think there was a flash) camera....then moved up to a prosumer (giant leap), shot that for 2 years, now, bought this....so i haven't had the predigital SLR experience you all have

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"it's a beautiful thing...lol

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Vito
Old Nov 29, 2004, 6:47 AM   #16

yaaaayyyyy, good for you. I could not stop shooting when I got mine, lucky for me I got a telephoto lens thrown in too, I would never be without it.:-)
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2004, 6:58 AM   #17

Quote:
i gotta get myself a remote cable release so i don't have the shake the camera around holding the shutter down
Another suggestion I saw last spring - go to the dollar store (or Walmart) and get a handsfree 'headset' for a cordless phone - but it needs to have a 'mute' button. Cut the headphones off and for $3 or $4 you have a cable release - the mute button operates as the shutter release. It's a great cheap alternative to getting something quick (and after spending all that $$$ on the camera, inexpensive workarounds are often a must for most people).
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2004, 9:28 AM   #18

hmm...thanks john, i'll have to check that out...the wire release i'd get is only like 15-20 bucks...so it's not too bad...if only i could use a cell phone as a wide angle lens

Vito
Old Nov 29, 2004, 9:40 AM   #19
kex

congrats vito!

I hope I had a dSLR too, yet. But looking forward to get a dRebel or 20D in January.
kex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2004, 3:17 PM   #20

Vito so pleased you have at long last got your rebel. I've been keeping up with your posts from England and look forward to hearing your progress. I'm just a learner with my 300d but I was so pleased when I took some night shots with my own settings. It just felt awesome to see the results. Good luck and good shooting.
janetr is offline   Reply With Quote