Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Nov 30, 2004, 11:50 AM   #1

Hey all --

I'm looking for advice regarding the best parameter/imaging settings to use on my Digital Rebel--meaning contrast, sharpness, saturation, and color tone (Sorry if I'm using the incorrect term... I don't have my camera handy to use Canon's terminology).

I use sharpness + 2, contrast + 2, saturation +1, color tone + 0 as my general default. Is this too much in camera sharpening and contrast?Many of my recent pics have been turning out kind of flat; should I use saturation + 2? How do these parameters compare with the default parameters like sRGB?

Thanks in advance from a Newbie,

~kjk

perdendosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 1, 2004, 10:04 AM   #2

No one interested in helping me?

:-?
perdendosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2004, 10:21 AM   #3

Set the camera the way YOU like it, not what some guy you've never met tells you is the best way. Experiment with different settings for different conditions... and don't forget post processing!
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2004, 11:36 AM   #4
smd

I leave mine set on the default, Parameter 1. I have experimented with some other settings but have found this to give me the most consistent amount of vibrant color, sharpness and overall great quality that I expect from the Digital Rebel.

I have been quite pleased with this, have you tried it?

Sam D.
smd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2004, 1:43 PM   #5

I also have left my settings at the default level and simply do some minorpost processing after wards.

However, I am primarily taking indoor, no flash allowed, gymnastics and tennis photo's so I automaticallypost process everything asmost shots are atconstantF2.8 with ISOusually running at 1600.Some clean up is a most in my case.

Best Regards,

Joe
JLang510 is offline   Reply With Quote