Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Dec 3, 2004, 12:57 AM   #1

I would like to get a dSLR; have narrowed the choice down to 2, the Nikon D70 and the Canon 20D; looked at various reviews and comparisons; can someone please explain /justify the $600 additonal cost of the 20D; what does the 20D have over the D70 that justifies the extra money?

No flaming please; I have posted this on both the Canon and Nikon SLR forums

Thanx

samcheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 3, 2004, 6:51 AM   #2

Well, I don't know what "nikonians" have to say about that but in the Canon talk you will receive this mostly: 300D vs. D70 is more appropriate, 20D is a bit "higher".
But, if you want to spend money in the D70 range, consider a 10D (not 300D - DRebel).
pauza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2004, 8:16 AM   #3
Administrator

samcheri wrote:
Quote:
I would like to get a dSLR; have narrowed the choice down to 2, the Nikon D70 and the Canon 20D; looked at various reviews and comparisons; can someone please explain /justify the $600 additonal cost of the 20D; what does the 20D have over the D70 that justifies the extra money?
Well... The obvious things are that it's faster, has higher resolution, and appears tohave lower noise, too. Others can probably point out more differences. As to whether or not you want to spendmore for this modelis up to you. You may prefer some of the Nikon features, and may not need the higher resolution and faster frame rate of the 20D.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2004, 9:36 AM   #4

The 20D has the following advantages:
1. It uses Canon lenses
2. Almost instant on
3. Faster shooting 5FS
4. 9 autofocus points
5. Great color
6. 8mp
7. handles noise better
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote