Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Dec 9, 2004, 9:30 AM   #11

Na, the 20D is fine!

It is the bg-e2 grip that is a bit wobbly, it is big, has lot of connectors and only one attachment point/screw.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2004, 10:53 AM   #12

Hmmmm.

Just bought a 20D... what do you think the odds are that I won't have to upgrade anything?

Is there more than one upgrade/bug fix?

Thanks!!!

Michelle
Ghostwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2004, 5:06 PM   #13

The only real gripe I have is the DIM camera setting line in the viewfinder in daylight !!
Setiprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2004, 10:35 PM   #14

Setiprime wrote:
Quote:
The only real gripe I have is the DIM camera setting line in the viewfinder in daylight !!
Yeah, I have that same gripe also. Depending on the shooting conditions it can be a really big problemtoo, especially if you shoot in the creative modes!

As far as whether or not people should upgrade to this firmware release - I'd say that yes, it is worth it. In fact, I say that for most every firmware release. Very often firmware releases will have fixes in the firmware for problems that they don't state - the company sort of slips the fixes in "under the radar".
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2005, 11:33 AM   #15

Did you ever find a solution to your dim viewfinder problem?

I got a 20D in February 05 and thought it was faulty as I could not read the viewfinder data display in bright daylight. I sent it back to Canon who pronounced that it was "to standard". I did not believe this so I took it to Canon CCI UK. We compared it with some other 20D's and they were all the same. We compared it with my old EOS Elan, and its viewfinder info remained legible in bright sunshine.

To me, this failing renders this otherwise brilliant camera unfit for purpose.

I'd have taken it back for a refund had I not bought it from 7dayshop.com, who being based in Guernsey, have refused to give me a refund.

Henry
HenryUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2005, 11:34 AM   #16

Did you ever find a solution to your dim viewfinder problem?

I got a 20D in February 05 and thought it was faulty as I could not read the viewfinder data display in bright daylight. I sent it back to Canon who pronounced that it was "to standard". I did not believe this so I took it to Canon CCI UK. We compared it with some other 20D's and they were all the same. We compared it with my old EOS Elan, and its viewfinder info remained legible in bright sunshine.

To me, this failing renders this otherwise brilliant camera unfit for purpose.

I'd have taken it back for a refund had I not bought it from 7dayshop.com, who being based in Guernsey, have refused to give me a refund.

Henry
HenryUK is offline   Reply With Quote