Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Dec 31, 2004, 8:16 AM   #31

Hey Guys,

I have a related question/problem concerning the 20D pop-up flash. Here's what happens--- I hit the button for the flash unit to pop-up...it does. I then shoot whatever I am shooting... when finished,or maybe step outside to do something there, I close the pop-up unit. If I then want to shoot another flash shot or more inside the pop-up unit will not reopen until I shut off the camera and turn it back on. Is that "normal" or am I interferring with an auto-reaction from the unit??

Inquiring Minds Need to Know !!:?
The Mayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2004, 11:10 AM   #32

Unless you have changed the factory default setting the camera goes into sleep (battery saving mode) after one min on non use. The camera has to be in operating mode to open flash. All you have to do is depress the shutter button slightly to wake up the camera. kthen press the flash button , and it should open if evrything is working Ok. Hope this helps.
mojo004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2005, 8:19 AM   #33

minutephotos, what external power pack do you use on the 580 ex, and where can I find one? thanks
Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2005, 3:46 PM   #34

Canon CP-E3 External Power Pack (8 x AA batteries) is available for the 580ex.

Peter.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2005, 4:05 PM   #35

Quote:
minutephotos, what external power pack do you use on the 580 ex, and where can I find one? thanks
I actually don't own an external power pack yet, but I plan on getting the CP-E3 as soon as Hollidays are over. I have compared the price of the Quatum packs and they are quite a bit more expensive than the $139 for the Canon CP-E3. This is whay made the $399 I paid for the 580EX more reasonalble. The pack changes recycle time from 6 seconds to 1.7 and because I use a Stofen and bounce all my flashes I really need the faster recycle time.

Attached Images

minutephotos.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2005, 3:21 PM   #36

Hi

I have Sunpack 433 and I'm looking for a diffuser. I kind of like Stofen, because if fits onto my 433 with out velcro. I also heard people like LumiQuest .
So Q. is : Which one to choose?

Thanks
lepa71 is offline   Reply With Quote