Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jun 30, 2005, 4:20 AM   #11

Stick an ISO 50 on there why not......:-),and 12 shot raw burst. This is a good game.
LBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2005, 7:46 AM   #12

Wow, did you say ISO display in the view finder, two batteries and a portrait release!
Tomsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2005, 7:57 AM   #13

*SRXy wonders if everybody works near to a badly sealed crack-house*

More likely...

- 11 meg sensor

- ISO3200 (better known as 'ISO PURE NOISE')

- Flash sync to 1/300th of a second (fixed in AV AGAIN).

-Slightly smaller than20D and lighter 'cos it's made from plastic

-1 large, heavy, very expensive battery

- Raw burst or 10....

:?

SRXy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2005, 10:09 AM   #14

ISO 50

Built in flash

That'd do it for me. Maybe a full frame sensor, as the 1.3x crop of the 1D makes choosing a suitable lens length a bit odd. Wouldn't need more pixels, just keep the super clean shots it produces now. I much prefer it to the 1Ds.
spjessop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2005, 11:00 AM   #15

I would like the IS integrated into the body... But I'm not sure that'll happen because of the (semi-new) release of the EFs 17-85 IS . I don't think they'd kill that product so soon...

I also like the idea in the 20Da where you can switch between taking the shot from the viewfinder or LCD. But that's only for nighttime shots. If they could make a model that could do that anytime, anywhere, I'd get that.

But if they did that, I would also like if the LCD could flip out...

I would also like it if some of the useful accessories came with the camera. Like the eyepiece extender. If its objective is to keep your nose away from the LCD then why should we have to buy that seperately? Almost everyone has a nose, so this could certainly apply to the majority of users....

I would also like it if the newer model was water resistent and came with a longer neck strap...

But then again, I'm probably going to wait for the 40D. I still need to save up for lenses
BoYFrMSpC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2005, 11:10 AM   #16

:-) I want everything mentioned above in it, and all for under 500$cdn. :blah:

Well almost everything, I'd prefer it to be bigger, heavier and more ergonomic ..
I find the 20d too small and light to use comfortable, trying to get it to counterbalance a Large lens is not so easy.

Peter.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2005, 3:24 PM   #17
Super Moderator

PeterP wrote:
Quote:
:-) I want everything mentioned above in it, and all for under 500$cdn. :blah:

Well almost everything, I'd prefer it to be bigger, heavier and more ergonomic ..
I find the 20d too small and light to use comfortable, trying to get it to counterbalance a Large lens is not so easy.

Peter.

i agree.. quit making them smaller.. my pinky and ring finger have to go somewhere
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2005, 7:27 AM   #18

I think that buying anything off ebay should be either (a) dirt cheap OR (b) significantly discounted off the retail price.

If I go to Joe's Camera and buy a 20D for $1,400, if it goes bad in a week, I take it back to Joe, who apologizes and gives me a new camera.

If I go to "Fred" on ebay and buy a 20D for $800 (whee! I saved a few bucks), and its bad out of the package, Fred, may or may not want to hear from me. Personally, my rule of thumb is to pay no more than 1/2 retail on any ebay item, since I get no warranty, and you're never sure of what you're getting until it arrives and you use it for a week.

I'll give you an example...I bought a synthesizer a few months ago in decent shape...got a decent price (it was no longer made), and when I got it, it was clear that someone had spilled something sticky inside. I took it apart and cleaned it, and I called the guy, and he never heard of something being spilled in it (and I believed him; he was an older guy who wasn't aware of what the keyboard was supposed to be able to do). I wasn't shocked; I expected something to be goofy, and after I essentially refurbed it I had a great keyboard and a good price.

But if you expect it to be like new (even if described as such), then you'll be disappointed about 1/3 of the time.

As an aside, I just bought a Canon AE-1 with lens for $40 from ebay. Perfect shape. It a starter camera for my son. My wife thought it was too elaborate. I pointed out that after 6 rolls of film, it was cheaper than those disposible cameras <G>.
tkrotchko is offline   Reply With Quote