Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jan 25, 2005, 6:43 PM   #21

Thanks, I'll give it a try
shawnee3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2005, 12:57 AM   #22

Isn't a nebulizer similar to an inhaler for Asmatics? If that's what you are using, where did you get it and how do you get it to fit in the mirror chamber?
TDM_Canon_User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2005, 4:54 AM   #23

Yes, perhaps I should clarify. I just use the tubing of my compressor/nebulizer not the nebulizer itself which is the part where you put the bronchodilator and such. We just call the whole thing(compressor, tubing, nebulizer) as plain "nebulizer".

I have one in my clinic and the nice thing with it is thataside from providing a steady stream of air, the air itself is filtered for dust and other particulate matter.
Attached Images

Oculus Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2005, 2:16 PM   #24

Camera is back from Canon. Test images at:

htpp://www.tmargeson.net/Specks/index.htm

Old Feb 6, 2005, 5:11 PM   #25

was shooting in chinatown, nyc yesterday got a little careless and it needed cleaning. whipped out the giottos rocket and my newest weapon the $100 visible dust brush set and went to work. 5 minutes and 2 confirmation shots later clean as usual. eos1dm2.

sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2005, 5:43 PM   #26

Send a copy of one of your "good" after cleaning test shots. I'd like to see the quality results the brushes give.
Old Feb 7, 2005, 4:40 AM   #27

I'm beginning to get dust problems on my 10d now. There is one horrible smudge that turns up in every blue-sky shot that I really want to get rid of.

I have been looking at the Visible Dust brushes and I would be prepared to splash out for them but I do have a couple of questions.

It says on the Visbile Dust web-site that you need to give the brushes a blast with canned air for 5-10 seconds. Question is where do you get "canned air"? I've been keeping my eye out for this and can't find anything like it. Also does it have to be canned air? Could you not use any ordinary air-pump - those I can find cheap and easy - or must it be something that has a filter to remove all the crap from the air-flow?
redundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2005, 9:16 AM   #28

Ive ordered the sensor brush to use with my 20D. As for canned air, I've opted for Tetenal's 'Anti dust Mini' which retails here in the UK for £15. It uses co2 cartridges and the gas can be used to clean the brush as recommended by visible dust. Don't use it on the sensor though. Good luck. nigel
nigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2005, 10:37 AM   #29

Any art supply store will have both teh brushes you need and canned air . Look fo rthe white poly brushes and air cans used for air-brushing (Testors, Badger are two brands). Or any other dusting spray works.

But wash the brushes in soap and water (very very light dish detergent concentration - like Cascade for a dishwasher, a few pinches in a quart of water), dry teh brush with air, then use alcohol. Dry the brushes throougly before using. Never touch the brush with any thing but canned air and the washing liquid.

Old Feb 7, 2005, 4:23 PM   #30

Is it possible to get self-refillable or reuseable air cans? I think getting hold of the cans will be difficult in the first place and I won't have the luxury of running down to a local shop if I run out.
redundo is offline   Reply With Quote