Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Feb 7, 2005, 10:06 PM   #31

I've seen pump-up air cans at some art stores and auto paint stores. Use a bicycle pump to refill them.
TDM_Canon_User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2005, 2:49 AM   #32

Thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye out for them , if I can find a refillable one i will probably stump up for the Visible Dust brush.

Would dirt be an issue in the air-can if it was filled by a bicycle pump though?
redundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2005, 9:16 AM   #33

Where did you find the Visible Dust sensor brush? It is a Canadian company but do you think I can find anyone selling it here (in Canada). :?

My wife does air-brush painting, so I suspect one of her compressors will produce some nice clean filtered air. Theoutput is low volume but at 5psi-120psi:!:

Peter.

PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2005, 2:15 PM   #34

visibledust.com is the only place I have ever found them. I ordered mine direct from them.
Tomsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2005, 2:43 PM   #35

Yeah, same thing, I followed the links to the web-site. As far as I know the brushes are only available through the site.

I don't think I would be considering buying any of the brushes, but the Euro vs Dollar rate is definately in my favour at the moment.

Ok, sorry to be a pain here but you better informed opinions are needed! Does this look like it would be suitable for the job of cleaning the brushes before use?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...516247-4646856

I know a compressor might be overkill, but the nearest decent art-shop with canned-air is at least a 30 minute bus-ride away from me if not even further..... So I would like something that will sit in a corner until I need it without running out of wind. If you see what I mean.

redundo is offline   Reply With Quote