Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jan 3, 2005, 6:05 PM   #11

Mr_Saginaw wrote:
Quote:
No shift here... I did a very quick and dirty unscientific test... basically put an X at the center of a piece of paper... put the X in the middle of the center AF point... Sure enough the X was right in the middle of the image.. so as far as i'm can tell the viewfinder is ok.. ymmv...

as far as the 3 position On/Off switch... i used the middle positon ONCE.... by accident.. :blah: And then there was time I wish I had used it because I accidently changed the expousure comp.... :? I'm guessing I'm like the majority and put the switch all the way up.... but it doesn't bother me one way or the other...

hth,
john
I'm not being picky (well I am really), but you avatar is anoying me

Maybe it's my display not set right but it looks really washed out.

The darker one looks better to me (Auto levels on PS)
Paul(UK) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 8:55 PM   #12

Paul(UK) wrote:
Quote:

I'm not being picky (well I am really), but you avatar is anoying me

Mission Accomplished!

just kidding! Was thinking it was time to change it! :G
Mr_Saginaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2005, 12:24 PM   #13

Nancy,

I am an amature [can't even spell it] but went from a Pentaz PZ series film camera to my 20 D. The difference in quality right out of the box is incredible to me. Friends and family have been asking what I am doing that makes my shots look so good. Obviously I don't say anything LOL.

In my opinion the 20D has some really great things going for it: Affordable [compared to other 8 mp cameras], 8 megapixes, great auto focus system, quick on off, excellent lenses, digital, good software support to adjust photos, did I say great auto focus. We amatures need all the help we can get while exploring other programs and for me the Canon does it.

Good luck with you selection.
Golfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2005, 11:03 PM   #14

Thanks John for your test. And thank you golfer for your input. I am sure I will be happy with the camera, just wanted a heads up on the cons and what to do about 'em. Esp. if it means buying one lens over another etc. so I don't make a mistake when I purchase it. Thanks everyone for your help!
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 6:50 PM   #15

Nancy-

Buy the camera.

Then you can come back with ALL those questions that you see in the other threads - only this time

You can ask them !!

It's loads of fun for everyone.

Good Shooting to ya'
Setiprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 8:58 PM   #16

Hey Setiprime, I am buying the camera. Probably the week when I get back from my vacation. Any suggestions on which lens I should buy first? I am not into wide angle stuff. I like doing headshots, and I do love the zoom on my FZ20 (12x=ing 430mm). Also I am big into quality. Being an art director, most of the shots I see are from Hasselblads, large format cameras etc. so when the typical amateur says "I don't see a difference", I can. So I want high quality. In the past when I was into photography I had Contax equipment with all Zeiss lenses.I never even bought zoom lenses b/c zoom lenses would flatten an image out, so there I would be all 98 lbs. of me carrying around a very large camera bag with 6 heavyZeiss lenses and two camera bodies.

I alsolike the idea of the IS lenses, being that the FZ20 has IS and it is helpful. I think someone in the forum was complaining (or had a specific problem with) the 70-200mm Canon lens. I think I will stick with Canon lenses unless someone can give me a rave review on some other company. I am willing to get zooms now, and I might get a 135mm (equivalent) for shooting head shots. And maybe a fish eye lens for the occasional band shot (I have a hook up at Sony records and can make some extra $$$ doing band photography).

So this is the reason I want some "heads up" b4 I buy so I can buy what I need and not be unhappy with any of my purchases. I know as far as the EOS 20 body I will be very satisfied. Thanx again for everyone's help. I look forward to being an official member of this forum!
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote