Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jan 29, 2005, 2:12 AM   #1

What's the best case for 20D with accessories?
mizzoutiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 29, 2005, 12:48 PM   #2

Depends on what 'accessories'. If you never plan on having a 2nd lense or a flash gun you'll get one answer. If you plan on having 4 additional lenses, a 2nd body and a flash gun you'll get another answer. You say 'flash and lense' - do you mean a 2nd lense or the one attached to the body? Also, what type of lense - a 300mm or a 50mm?
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2005, 5:12 PM   #3

Just a 580 flash and 17-85mm lens (attached to the body).
Old Jan 29, 2005, 6:03 PM   #4

I 'd also be curious about carrying a 20D, battery grip (maybe), 580ex flash and a 70-200mm attached if anyone else has a case that works well.
I've already decided on a backpack to carry EVERYTHING including my laptop, but probably need something to take shorter trips with.

Thanks,
mactek
mactek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2005, 10:27 PM   #5

I have a LoweOro bag which work great for me (has a shoulder and carry strap with lots of small pockets and compartments).

Fits the 580EX, camera, 18-55mm EF-S, 70-200mm F/4, charger, and has a little space left over.

Quality is very good.

timmyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2005, 10:49 PM   #6

Lowepro 5 AW (all weather).

I currently have my 10D with battery pack and mounted 17-40L, with 100-400 f4.5-5.6L and space left to carry either my 420EX or 550EX flash or both! There's also a front pocket to carry extra camera batteries, flash cards, etc, and a zipper compartment on the inside of the top flap. Overall a great bag.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 12:33 AM   #7

Thanks Timmy and Greg! Travis
Old Jan 31, 2005, 6:17 AM   #8

Here's my two cents for a camera, small zoom, additional lense and flash:

Tamrac Velocity 7 or Velocity 9. The great thing about these bags is they are 'sling style' - so if the bag is on your right side, the strap goes across back/chest and onto left shoulder. You actually slide the pack to your back for normal carry, but can slide it around to your side for easy access. It's a great idea and I'm surprised none of the other bag makers have done it. I use the Velocity 7 for walk-around when I don't need all my gear and the Lowerpro Minitreker AW for all my gear.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 4:01 PM   #9

JohnG wrote:
Quote:
Here's my two cents for a camera, small zoom, additional lense and flash:

Tamrac Velocity 7 or Velocity 9. The great thing about these bags is they are 'sling style' - so if the bag is on your right side, the strap goes across back/chest and onto left shoulder. You actually slide the pack to your back for normal carry, but can slide it around to your side for easy access. It's a great idea and I'm surprised none of the other bag makers have done it. I use the Velocity 7 for walk-around when I don't need all my gear and the Lowerpro Minitreker AW for all my gear.
I use the Velocity 7 as well for my 20D with battery grip and 17-85MM lense. It's very secure and fits well
Spec3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 9:59 PM   #10

Thanks John and Spec. I just ordered the Tamrac Velocity 7 from newegg.com (good price!).