Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Feb 9, 2005, 12:57 PM   #1

i am new in SLR and i have rebel with its lens i try to take i wide angle shot for my room at 17mm but every thing out of focus i dont know why is that from the camira or i miss understanding SLR i was using P mode and i try all modes and no why Dont know why :sad:

thanks for help
nikBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 9, 2005, 1:13 PM   #2

Is your lens in AF or M mode? If it's not auto focusing then that may be the reason. Is the whole picture out of focus or is an obscure focus point (left, right, top, bottom) rather than the centre point.

Carl.
CarlsPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2005, 4:42 PM   #3

yesthe focus point is in top and the focus is down i try to use manual focus but its wont to be in sharp as i want it even the focus is in infinity is that mean u cant use 17mm in normal room or far thing from your camira ?
Old Feb 9, 2005, 10:11 PM   #4

nikboy,

Is the diopter on your camera set properly? The adjustment is the little wheel right on the top corner of the viewfinder. The way to tell is to look at the information display at the bottom. If that is blurry, then an incorrectly set diopter is the problem.

Otherwise, make sure the af/mf swith on the lens is set to af.

David
Gandalf065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2005, 1:53 AM   #5

yes the diopter is Fine Dont Care For The diopter coz its just effect what you see not the Final image if u are using AF i Try To take images at 17mm if some one near to me he is in good sharp but if he go far then Out of Focus the focus point at his face but its wrong the bottom Point Focusing ok
Old Feb 10, 2005, 9:18 AM   #6
Super Moderator

did you check your depth of field.. if you were shooting at an open aperature i.e. 2.8.. you will have a limited field of focus... try using aperature priority and setting a smaller aperature i.e. f/16...
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2005, 7:59 AM   #7

Did you consider posting a picture or two so we could see the problem? For example, some "focus" problems turn out to be camera shake problems. Though this is less common at 17mm, it can still happen easily enough.
Monito is offline   Reply With Quote