Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Nov 24, 2002, 8:50 AM   #1

Default Canon FD lenses on EOS 1D?

Is it possible to use Canon FD lenses with an FD/EOS adapter on the 1D and/or D60 in manual metering and, of course, focusing modes? Is any metering possible with these lenses on a 1D or D60?
idoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 30, 2002, 5:07 PM   #2

Default FD Lens for D 60

Saw your post with interest as I posted a very similar question and got no replies. So I posted it again on the Lens forum for digital cameras. If these lenses work, even manually, you could save a bundle.
weaverl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2002, 6:04 PM   #3

Canon FD lens/EOS body adapters are available and after carefully reading Steve's EOS 1D review it appears that shutter operation is possible without a lens on the 1D. Is it possible to operate the D60 shutter without a lens attached? I have an adapter that I bought at bhphotovideo.com (B & H photo in NYC)it cost about $62 dollars including 2 day fedex. Here is an article that you might find useful.

http://www.a1.nl/phomepag/markerink/mounts.htm

Evidently there is a magnification factor due to the thickness of the adapter and the -7D lens element which is needed to bring infinity into focus. Here is the URL for the adapter:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bh2.sph/...ID=F20E8E0C960
idoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2002, 8:03 PM   #4

Not the happy answer I was looking for but it certainly puts the question to rest. Many thanks for the info.
weaverl is offline   Reply With Quote