Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Mar 9, 2005, 10:59 AM   #21

I just ordered the black xt with kit lense from b&h photo. They have them in stock now and I should have mine by the end of the week. I'm taking a SLR photo workshop on Saturday and will be takin my new camera! Yea!
amyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 4:25 PM   #22

I went to best buy here in Edmonton, Canada and they told me not until the summer! Frankly, I think she was just trying to sell me on a 300.
Elduche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2005, 2:16 PM   #23

My xt arrived on Friday and I love it! I need a little more help than the manual is offering me though as I am new to the digital world. Does anyone know when the Magic Lantern Guide for this camera will be released?
amyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2005, 2:42 PM   #24

I think you will like the XT. I have not even opened the manuel and I have figured everything out. The main things you will need are on the back. The ISO button, select iso and remember to push set. Otherwise just shoot in P mode or Av and you will do fine. Same for autofocus just select the type you need and press set. I was shooting motorcycles up on a curving mountain road. I saw a motorcycle about a 1/4 mile away and I was able to turn on the camera , set autofocus to servo and press the mutli shoot button and set my 70 -300 DO lens to pan mode before the bike got to me, it took about 10 seconds. Just take time out and practice... I am sure the lanturn guide will be out in about month.
epocenter is offline   Reply With Quote