Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Mar 6, 2005, 12:15 AM   #11

What noise? I didn't hear anything. :lol::blah:

Looks good. What ISO was it? 200? 400?

Nothing a little Noise Ninja can't handle.
Ponin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2005, 12:18 AM   #12

ISO 1600

from what ive used so far the battery life is BETTER with the new battery, i just need to get a backup because they always die at the WORST time
lemondster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2005, 12:44 AM   #13

So, where did you find one, & was it Black?

DH
Railfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2005, 1:16 AM   #14

from what i have heard, there will not be a black one released in the united states

i work at a "Best" electronics retailer where i "Buy" things and i got it there 5 mins after it was pulled off the truck
Old Mar 6, 2005, 5:11 AM   #15

SO that means retailers should have them on the shelves pretty soon? I though Canon was looking at a late March release. It would be really helpful to know exactly when the rest of us can land one of these. I am seriously lookin at the XT or the 20D. If I can get my had on a XT to see how it feels it would be a great help. Its hard to beat the feel of the 20D but we're talking $500!!
Bilbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2005, 10:37 AM   #16

KM_krazy wrote:
Quote:
kb244 wrote:
Quote:
lemondster wrote:
Quote:
i just got my Rebel XT and it uses a different battery!!!! the NB-2LH so now my stock of the old battery is worth alot :sad: but the new camera more than makes up for the inconvience

o well i will get some pictures uploaded when i get a chance

the shudder speed is awesome and i have fallen in love with the 0.2 sec startup time. definately worth the $200 over the rebel
Probally wouldnt help to mention the different battery ( same as the S70/S50, etc ), is only 65% capacity of the ones that come with the original rebel.
BUT, thanks to the D!gic II chip, the 350D has lower power consumption, giving it as long, if not longer, battery life than the 300D.
And where is your source to this information? Because if this was the case, wouldnt the 20D with the same battery as the 300D last almost twice as long?
kb244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2005, 1:28 PM   #17

lemondster wrote:
Quote:
from what i have heard, there will not be a black one released in the united states

i work at a "Best" electronics retailer where i "Buy" things and i got it there 5 mins after it was pulled off the truck

This is incorrect. Canon has two specific SKU numbers for the USA Rebel XT for both Silver and Black models. And both are shipping currently. Now, if you were to say the major retailers were more than likely not going to see black, then yes, they will probably only carry silver, as the general public seems to equate silver as being "new" and black as being "old". If people want a black XT, they should probably order online or their local camera shop. They will be able to get it for you.
Philthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2005, 1:34 PM   #18

Hey - If I can't get it in Black this time, I won't buy one!!!

DH
Railfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2005, 1:38 PM   #19

According to the Canon USA press release: "The EOS Digital Rebel XT camera will be offered in both the stylish brushed silver patina and the sleek Canon matte-black finish."

Amazon has the black listed: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...30413?v=glance

Ewok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2005, 2:07 PM   #20

Philthy wrote:
Quote:
This is incorrect. Canon has two specific SKU numbers for the USA Rebel XT for both Silver and Black models. And both are shipping currently. Now, if you were to say the major retailers were more than likely not going to see black, then yes, they will probably only carry silver, as the general public seems to equate silver as being "new" and black as being "old". If people want a black XT, they should probably order online or their local camera shop. They will be able to get it for you.

sorry i was misinformed