Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Mar 6, 2005, 3:26 PM   #1

I've just found out about the EOS 350D and it looks pretty good from what I can see of the specs on the internet, although it seems no one has reviewed it yet (any ideas when you'll get one to review, Steve?).

Does anyone know if there are any landscape-type sample shots on the internet anywhere? That's what I'm mainly interested in shooting, but all the samples I've found seem to be of quite close subjects.

If anyone is lucky enough to have one of these cameras already and is able to post a landscape shot (or a shot in a city, so long as there are objects further than a few feet away so I can judge detail levels), I'd be very grateful.

Cheers,

Gary
garywood84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 6, 2005, 6:48 PM   #2

garywood84 wrote:
Quote:
I've just found out about the EOS 350D and it looks pretty good from what I can see of the specs on the internet, although it seems no one has reviewed it yet (any ideas when you'll get one to review, Steve?).

Does anyone know if there are any landscape-type sample shots on the internet anywhere? That's what I'm mainly interested in shooting, but all the samples I've found seem to be of quite close subjects.

If anyone is lucky enough to have one of these cameras already and is able to post a landscape shot (or a shot in a city, so long as there are objects further than a few feet away so I can judge detail levels), I'd be very grateful.

Cheers,

Gary

dpreview.com has a review of the 350D.. Gerry
ggw2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2005, 6:53 PM   #3

It's not a review, it's a preview.:arrow:
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2005, 6:57 PM   #4

nooner wrote:
Quote:
It's not a review, it's a preview.:arrow:

Sorry nooner, preview. Stand corrected..
ggw2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2005, 3:02 AM   #5

Thanks, ggw2000 and nooner,

However, although DPReview has a preview of the camera with some sample shots, none of the shots is a wide-angle landscape or cityscape type shot. The pcitres they've posted are all of fairly close range subjects and hence are not that useful for considering the level of detail captured, at least not if your interest is landscape photography.

Anyone know of any other reviews/samples online?

Cheers,

Gary
Old Mar 7, 2005, 11:30 AM   #6

Go to - www.dpreview.com &go toFourms, click onto the Canon 300D/350D - there are a limited amount of images - I understand from reading posts that Best Buy has some of the cameras in stock, but only in Silver. Canon says a release date of March 20th - how many walk-in Camera stores are open on Sundays - ??? Not talking about NY places, etc.

Hmmm . . .
Railfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2005, 11:46 AM   #7

Cheers, Railfire.

There are one or two images in the forums which are more wide-angle than the other samples I'd found online.

I'm sure the number will increase dramatically as people start to buy the 350D.

Gary
Old Mar 7, 2005, 12:45 PM   #8

Check this out:arrow::arrow:

http://www.digitalcamerainfo.com/con...ns-Review-.htm
RedHouse is offline   Reply With Quote