Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Mar 6, 2005, 5:52 PM   #1

I was under the impression that this camera wouldnt be out until late March and on shelves in early April. I have seen a post or two from folks claiming that they have purchased one already. If you got one can you tell us where. None of the online stores have them or even know when they will have them and my local shops are just as confused.

Thanks!
Bilbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 6, 2005, 6:24 PM   #2

I think this member explained where.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...36&forum_id=37

TG
Trout Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2005, 8:14 PM   #3

Just went by my local Best Buy and they had no idea of when they would get any. They did have the D20......at $1599
Bilbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 12:19 AM   #4

B&H photo got them in the stores Tues night. Wed Morning I bought the first one from the store ;-) I had previously had it preordered on Amazon but they were estimating end of April and I couldn't wait that long.
If your in no rush (and trust amazon gc's) you can get a $50 GC with the purchase at Amazon (til the 13th I think) and $100GC if you spend over 1000. If you'd like to get the XT sooner the 6-8 weeks from now, buy it from B& H, there awesome.
josowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 8:30 AM   #5

mine (from b& h) should be here tomorrow!
tim g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 9:06 AM   #6

josowsky wrote:
If your in no rush (and trust amazon gc's) you can get a $50 GC with the purchase at Amazon (til the 13th I think) and $100GC if you spend over 1000.[/quote]

If give up. What's a "GC"? Gift Coupon? :?
jpmccormac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 5:21 PM   #7

GC = Gift Certifcate. Its a promotion they're running, see here:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...459512-3628822

Although, I really am very reluctant to trust their rebates/promotions. Make sure to read the details.
Oz
josowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 8:14 PM   #8

My buddy bought the XT at Best Buy today for $849 with the lens. They only had one XT for sale and it was an open box so they gave him 15% off the regular price. The funny thing is that he is the one that opened the box the day before while examining the camera and its contents.
Mr. Peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 10:00 PM   #9

josowsky wrote:
Quote:
GC = Gift Certifcate. Its a promotion they're running, see here:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...459512-3628822

Although, I really am very reluctant to trust their rebates/promotions. Make sure to read the details.
Oz
I wouldn't worry too much. I have taken advantage of dozens of Amazon rebate/promotions and never had a problem. In fact this past Christmas I used over $600 in gift coupons that I had accumilated to purchase a 300D. (which is now for sale btw)

Something I find a little curious;
Amazon shows estimated ship date of 3/23 for the XT body but a November 2005 ship date for the kit. Did Canon ship body-only units before the kits?
davedeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 10:28 PM   #10

Mr. Peabody wrote:
Quote:
My buddy bought the XT at Best Buy today for $849 with the lens. They only had one XT for sale and it was an open box so they gave him 15% off the regular price. The funny thing is that he is the one that opened the box the day before while examining the camera and its contents.
nice i kinda :shock:'ed them myself in getting mine
lemondster is offline   Reply With Quote