Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Mar 8, 2005, 5:23 PM   #1

I just got a notification email from B & H. They now have Rebel XT in stock. I just called and ordered one. Black body without lense for $899.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/sitem/sku=371189&is=REG&BI=15&kw=CAEDRXTB

I can't wait to get my hands on it.
PebbleBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 8, 2005, 5:34 PM   #2

PebbleBeach wrote:
Quote:

I just got a notification email from B & H. They now have Rebel XT in stock. I just called and ordered one. Black body without lense for $899.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/sitem/sku=371189&is=REG&BI=15&kw=CAEDRXTB

I can't wait to get my hands on it.
awesome!!
Does anyone think that the XT will come down a whole lot in price in the next 6 months? I will be getting it some time between now and July, but if its not gunna drop in price a whole lot. . .I might as well get it now :-)
KM_krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2005, 8:17 PM   #3

GRRRRRRRRRR!

I just ordered a 20D today because I was impatient. I could have gotten the XT with the 17-85 IS lens for the same price as the 20D with the 18-55 kit lens.

Hmmmm. I hate second guessing my purchases like this!
Bilbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2005, 8:29 PM   #4

We still need to see a good in depth review of the 350D to help some of us make a decision. I think the price will fall off some after the intial rush burns out.
DynamoHum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2005, 10:51 PM   #5

I wouldn't expect a price drop in the short term. Canon to now has continued selling as many Digital Rebels as they could make. This new improved model that basically gives you everything in terms of features the original Rebel was missing at the same price will probably flood off the shelves at list price for several months.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2005, 10:02 AM   #6

DynamoHum wrote:
Quote:
We still need to see a good in depth review of the 350D to help some of us make a decision. I think the price will fall off some after the intial rush burns out.
I don't work for Canon but I have every confidence that the XT/350D will be a highly successful and reliable camera. A professsional shooter friend tried it out at PMA in Orlando and came away very impressed. He said image quality seemed excellent, AF very good (not as good as 20D, of course) and VF brighter but on the small side. He also said the mirror slap was better/quieter on the XT than the 20D.

Canon's initial production run of the XT is said to be over 100,000 units, much higher than the first run of the Digital Rebel. I wouldn't expect the price to fall for several, maybe six, months.
jpmccormac is offline   Reply With Quote