Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Mar 14, 2005, 11:34 AM   #1

Hi,Just got a 300D and I noticed that the "Mode" dial is loose and has some wobble. The various selections click into place tightly,but the wheel it self can be rocked up and down a little and there is a slackness when turning the wheel. Is this normal for this camera or is the mode wheel normally tight? Thanks
Kanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 14, 2005, 8:00 PM   #2

I've had my Rebel for only 2 months, and haven't noticed any movement. Your concern led me to look closer.

Mine also clicks "tight" into place, but does have a slight back-n-forth wobble, but very little up and down movement, although some is noticeable.

It feels normal to me for this type of camera build. As stated earlier, I hadn't noticed until you mentioned it. Just moving the mode into different positions, you wouldn't notice it on mine. I actually had to move it in the way you described to test it. It won't do it by just rotating the dial.

1958fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2005, 8:56 PM   #3

I've had my camera about a year now and agree with 1958fury. I never noticed any movement in mine until I just tested it. Mine has very little movement either way, but does have some.
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2005, 11:37 PM   #4

Thanks 98fury and caboose, I went to the store and the demo had the same wobble as mine does,so coupled with your observations ,I guess this was much ado about nothing and they all seem to have the "wobblies". Thanks for checking it out.
Kanji is offline   Reply With Quote