Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Apr 5, 2005, 12:32 PM   #31
Super Moderator

i think this post proves that no matter what the topic may be... nhl will always get a chance to mention the sigma 100-300 and 120-300.. hehehe :G

(but seriously check them out.. lot of bang for the buck there... )
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2005, 12:34 PM   #32
Super Moderator

Nancy Gabby wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for the info. About touching up in PS.... I am not good using that program, other than basic color balance, constrast and I just started using the unsharp mask, still don't have it down, though. But how do you do the touch ups (for dust) in PS?
It's actually very simple. You just use the clone stamp. You normally only notice the dust if it's in an homogenous area of the photo like the sky or a wall, if there's a lot of detail the dust is less visible. Also when you have dust spots you get to know where they occur so you look in the same places. It only takes a few seconds to fix, but it is a bit of a pain.

On the other hand working with film wasn't exactly free of dust problems either.

For sharpening you simply must look at Photokit sharpener, unless of course you're doing your sharpening in-camera. But if you're shooting RAW then this plug-in is a must:

http://www.pixelgenius.com/sharpener/
peripatetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2005, 12:54 AM   #33

Thank you so much for the info, I will check it all out in a day or two when I have the time!
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2005, 1:09 AM   #34

If your gonna spend money on any lenes go to B&H Photo in new York sence you live their and test the lenses out you owe your pocket book that just dont try out L series lenses and then switch back it doesnt work well trust me I know
VictorEM83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2005, 9:32 AM   #35

Nancy Gabby wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for the info. About touching up in PS.... I am not good using that program, other than basic color balance, constrast and I just started using the unsharp mask, still don't have it down, though. But how do you do the touch ups (for dust) in PS?
Take a look at my digital imaging website:
http://home.surewest.net/frcn/Camera.html
There are a number iof lessons for new users there. One, "Making Old Images Look New Again" has a lesson in it on using the clone tool. Might be what you are looking for.

Randy G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2005, 11:58 AM   #36

Here is a site of mine, and all of the images in the"2005" and "Jackson, MS"section were taken with the 28-135mm IS. I really like the lens. The only problem i have (which is not big) is that i shoot alot of buildings and its not wide enough. Of course thats not what the lens is for. As you said it is a great walk around!

http://WWW.BLARNEYBUNCHKREWE.COM
Attached Images

r00022 is offline   Reply With Quote